• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sorry Havent fished west, I stay on east mosly. My dad Lives on the lake.
I'll be there over memorial....Good luck

I would try off the wall in front of the Shorline Resturant.and head north stay close to the shore until you get to the public landing and then follow the ledge.. 15-20 feet. that will take you over to Stoney Point..another area to try is off north point..follow the shore around to Sunset Beach resort.. that should get you some eyes..good luck

Good luck smoker.. I will be there too but fishing for bass in the reeds. east of Sand Bay Resort..stop by...14 foot red Lund with Sand Bay on the sides... tight lines

Smoker,
Get some shiners, and I heard leeches are working too for some people. I've fished a couple areas Resorter is talking about, but I've struggled for A walleye. I guess the word is that W. Battle is dead, but I've heard that plenty of times and had lots of success (this past winter when I moved here). It should heat up soon with warmer weather.

Resorter,
What do you mean by Stoney Point? I'm trying to learn all the names for these areas..

Thanks, I figured out where Stoney was last night. And your right, the lake is not dead. People always say that and I am not one to believe it. I found some eye's last night anyways! wink.gif

Stoney Point is just west of North Point..there are some reeds that come off it with a underwater rock reef...and W Battle is not dead.. just hard to fish...so much cover and drop offs to fish..but the walleyes you catch will be bigger is size.. seen alot fo 6 -8 pounders come from there...I use to own Sand Bay Resort so got to see some of those lunkers..I'm not much of a walleye fisherman.. perfer bass..but just know where the customers did their fishing...

That's great CD...I know the lake pretty well. so if ya have again other questions just let me know..heck maybe someday this summer we can get together on the lake and go fishing..also love to fish Muskies on it..seen some whoopers...tight lines

Sounds great. I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from Battle. I fish it a lot. I'm going to do more 'ski fishing this summer. I can hardly wait for opener.

Check out the Muskie Forum on the "Strange Muskie" I found on Battle Lake a couple days ago. Maybe shed some input?

Hey I am sure I will see you two out there. i am usually out there a few times a week fishin sklunges. the muskies keep gettin bigger and bigger out there. I fish in a red 16ft lund explorer. With a 40hp black merc. hope to compare notes with you guys this summer.

went out on W Battle for bass opener.. had a bad day of fishing. only two bass..did the same today.. worst opener I have had in years...but did get to see a huge muskie off Stoney Point.. had to be in the 25-30 pound range...and it look really healthy...very beautiful creature...going out tomorrow to some smaller lakes for bass.. anyone else finding them hard to find?

Yeah, the bass were tough going this past wknd, fished a number of lakes in the area, we caught a lot of bass, but it was definetly a struggle out there. Water temps were still a bit cold id say.

RESORTER
Did you sell that resort about 10 years ago, use to be a truck driver, lived in the Anoka area, and had a daughter named Brenda?

Nope that is who I bought the resort from..I'm orginally from Iowa.. tight lines

Hey Resorter, I finally have some time to check out the forums. The fishing was slow last weekend but I managed to get one 23 incher. Took a quick picture and let her swim. Even though the fishing was slow, we couldn't complain about the weather.

nice fish smoker...yeah the fihing on Battle was slow last weekend.. slow for the bass too..hopefully different this weekend..they just weren't in the shallows yet...Talked to Sand Bay owner Wade...he said he got a referral from me.. was that you? tight lines

great.. will have to get together sometime and go fishing there then... could show ya around the lake some then..tight lines

Anyone fishing Muskies over the weekend?

I don't know if I'll get too excited about the ski's, but I should be out there chasing some eyes, crappies and bass at least. Oh, the crappies are definitely going right now! wink.gif

will have to look ya up then smoker..hey CD you are meaning on West Battle for the crappies right?? I heard they are biting good...need to get my butt over there next weekend and get some..I missed the opener for Muskies.. had to go down to IA..but will get out there soon and try to get some..tight lines

dang wished I had my boat back together...had to take the floor out to install a new livewell...just haven't had time to get it back together yet...maybe Friday I can work on it..would love to catch some more crappies..tight lines

Every lake we go to we end up catching crappies!! It's ridiculous. I just wish I could get walleyes this easy! smile.gif

Hopefully this weekend I'll put more time on the eyes.

Was out twice this week on WEst battle for muskies. Had about 10- total follows, seen a lot of nice fish. Had two muskies on that both jumped and spit the hook. one was well over 40 inches. This hot weather gets em goin.

• 1 month later...

Resorter, I am going to be up Aug 22 - Sept 1 and would love to head out on the lake with you. If you are free, let me know how I can get ahold of you.

Sorry Smoker I won't be around that weekend.. going up to Park Rapids for a camping trip with my boys...but can go maybe someother time if you can come up...my email addy is [email protected] get ahold of me that way..it's been a very busy summer for me.. haven't had much time out fishing as I would like..hope this fall will be better.. love to fish in the fall more anyways..best time for fishing here I think..talk at ya later Smoker and good luck fishing *tight lines