• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any body know what works good on early season walleye during the night. Never really fished at night and was wondering if anybody had any idea's.

I like to bobber fish at night, it works good when the waldos are shallow. A 1/8th or 1/16th oz scenic tackle glow jig with a shiner or a leech usually does the trick. Crankbaits will turn some fish as well as longline rigging if the area your fishing isnt too terribly snaggy.90% of early season fishing is location location location! Have a good opener.. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

I love this time of year for night fishing. Less people, no bugs, and the fish would just love to ride home with you. I am partial to crankbaits. Find a creek inlet or exit, a bridge, or a shallow flat with deep water within say fifty yards or so. Combine any two or more of these and hang on tight. Wind and even rain seem to make them more cooperative. The more miserable you are the more active they are. I like a shallow running crankbait thet resembles a shiner minnow. Something shad shaped and silver. Remember to down size this time of year. Those shiners are only three or four inches long and your bait should be too. Oooohhh...I'm getting goosebumps just typing this. Is it Saturday yet???