• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

after this weekend, next weekend is the traditional opener for tulibee's i guess.. just wonderin if im the only idiot that will be chasing these slimy stinky greasy things or if there will be other idiots out there too>? lol

also wanted to keep the hotspots rolling in. its not like you really need to keep a tulibee spot top secret. they are rough fish.

by the way- i havent made it to that little lake by Dent yet.. but im thinkin maybe on tuesday.. i guess we'll see.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gissert

• CPRBASS

• currdogg5

• rwestb

Hey I want to go get some of them stinky fish
but I need a good place to go catch some I havn't fish for them in year's my dad want's to smoke some for me,we use to catch'em on star so info would be great!!

ive been told that i could get some on star too.. dont know for sure where on the lake- the only lakes that i know at all are Clitherall, and Little Pine. those are the only lakes ive ever fished tulibees, im relatively new to the sport.

its real fun when you get into a good school of em you can get a couple hundred a day. ive seen a group of about 10 guys up on little pine that had 'bees stacked up like cord wood, about 10 feet long and 4 feet high!!!!!!

id like to get into a school like that! fill up the back of my truck and find a jumbo sized smoker!!

Thats what am talking about that would be a hole lot of fun,am just waiting for it get a little warmer I was out on star this last week end did pretty good on crappies,but never tried for Bees,and where they used to catch'em was right in the middle of the lake,when i was little there used to be alot of oriental people fishing for them I mean a hole village of them and my dad would kick me out of the truck every time to go ask them if they were catching any thing even though he new what they were catching I guess he got a kick out of it!!

whats goin on boys? im thinkin about headed up to that little lake by dent. ill be leaving from fergus if anyone wants to meet up with me or something. would be kinda fun to get out with a few guys. see who the best fisherman is..lol just kidding would be fun to get a few guys out on the ice though.
jip me an e-mail today or tomorrow and ill get back to you.
maybe even leave me a phone number.

I'm gonna be searching for some crappies this afternoon/evening. Would definitely like to mix in some bees with it.

I live real close to Clitherall Lake, so that might be more appealing. Anyone heading there at all over the weekend? What about this front moving in today??

Just wanted to let you guys know that the bees were biting on clitheral this morning. Me and another guy went out and caught 14. We were fishing by 5 but the best bite was from 6:30 to 7:30. Marked very few fish after 8. We fished in 45ft of water on the east point. Caught fish anywhere from 5ft to 40ft. We could actually see the fish down to 15ft in our holes. If anyone goes let me know how you do.

sorry guys.. i woulda maybe gone on sunday if i had known that there was an interest. when i went on the check the site on saturday the forums were down, this was about 3 in the afternoon, then it got so **** cold i decided not to go on sunday anyway. sounds like this weekend is supposed to be nicer, so maybe we can organize somethin for sunday this week on clitherall. doesnt sound like a bad plan at all.

my theory is more people=more FISH!!!

the more guys you got in an area to keep the schools interested i think the more fish you will catch when they do come through.

a couple of questions??

the east point?? i really dont know the lake that well i didnt realize there was an east point.. did you see alot of fish on the vexi that didnt bite or were too busy with other fish?? multiples coming in at once?? the one time that i went i didnt see alot of fish. but the few that i saw got caught.

e-mail me- [email protected] if you guys are interested on setting something up for the weekend. saturday is an option, but sunday would work alot better for me.. hope to hear from you guys soon

It was way cold to sit outside over the weekend. I tried and failed.

A friend of mine is coming up this weekend and we are going target crappies on W. Battle or Clitherall, however I've never fished Clitherall for crappies yet. Tulibees might not be a target, but I'll definitely catch some for fun. smile.gif

I believe east point is off a resort on the east side? I forgot the name of the resort but there is a destinctive point that extends out.

remember what i said, i got 3 really nice crappies right by the landing there while i was tulibee fishing the last time i was there. i dont know if they would be running better early like the tulibees or not??

i think ill definately be there on sunday, but i dont know for sure about saturday yet.. i think im gonna go home on friday and do laundry, take care of some business, so i MIGHT be around on saturday too.

if you see a gross 87' ford (black and grey) with a topper on it right next to the landing either morning that will be me.. chasing those stinky buggers

I hear ya Gogblon. I might see ya around for Sunday if all fails in my other spots. We would likely get there early in the morning as that seems to be the best time.

Sometimes they will wack a pimple or an angle eye with some grubs or a minnow head on them.

More commonly I will use a small 1/64 oz size jig with a waxie. It helps to have a flasher above the jig. A blade from an Angle Eye JR would work well. Just take off the hook, and then drop a length of line below the blade and tie your jig on the end of that. Those slip droppers work well also.

I fish up and down that break right off the landing. They are usually suspended.

Some days they are fussy and wont touch anything, others your 5 gallon bucket will be filled in an hour.

I have a ton of stuff to get done this weekend, so I don't know if I will get out or not.

Geeman from the Shanty is headin up in a couple of weeks so I need to do some scouting before he comes.

ya i think ill wake up at about 4-4:30 am so I should be on the lake by about 4:30 or 5 on sunday morning. about the same if i go on saturday, maybe a little later as it will be a short night if i come back to fergus on friday night after i do that stuff around home.

hope to see you out there

Gogblon-CD

There is an outside chance that I may be out there on Sunday morning if all goes well for me on Saturday.

If not, I plan to hit that spot the following weekend.

Cool. We will try to be there Sunday early morning. So far we are going to concentrate Sat. morning on Battle, and it all depends on what happens from there.

Can I ask what you use for catching these bees? I'll prepare my tackle for the occassion.
You said you were deep too? Fish come in suspended? Off the break or away?

I usually catch bees with crappie jig/minnow combo most of the time.

sounds like we might havea few guys out there this weekend eh?? i usually use a small dare-devil or a do-jigger for a flasher. put about a foot or 15" of smaller test line under that with a smaller sunfish jig tipped with a waxie.

thats the way i was told to do it.

last time i was out there the stupid things were more interested in the flasher half the time, i couldnt get them interested in the jig!! i just sat in about 45-50 - i cant remember how deep it was for sure, but if you come out, ill be there set up by 5 AM for sure on sunday so just set up by me if you want, i dont know if im close to a break or anything, maybe that was part of my problem the last time i was out there??

Gissert- how soon will you know for sure if your gonna make it out or not?? maybe you could give me your phone number or i could give you mine, we'll see if i was in the optimum spot the last time i was out there.

Gogblon -

From your description, you were right where I have done well before.

40 to 50 feet of water, right off the access.

I am gonna plan on being there. I work in the cities during the week, so when I get home on the weekend I have to cram a bunch of chores into Saturday and Sunday. If I go, I should be there by 5 am also.

My truck is a maroon Dodge diesel.

okie dokie. sounds like a plan. if we have a few guys there, maybe we can keep a nice big school interested for awhile and pull up a pick up load. i dont know for sure what there is for numbers up on that lake, but like i said, ive seen some big ol' piles of tulibees on other lakes before!!

i just wanna get at least a dozen for the smoker!!!

I found some crappies last night, so depending if we find the hot spot or not, we may be on Clitherall Sunday morning. Hope to pull up some bees and crappies, that would be fun. Maybe see you guys there.

nice. im thinkin slip bobber with a minnow under it for my second line- see what happens, i know ill pick up a few crappies and maybe even snag a couple 'bees on that!

gotta see if i can hunt down a gas auger for the weekend, i have one at home, but i dont even know if it runs anymore, its been a couple years since it got used, and last time we did use it, seemed like it took forever, its an old strike master and it's pretty gut-less.

hand augering through 3 feet of ice is not fun, contrary to popular beleif...

Sunday morning.. be there or be square.

a nickle to the first tulibee!!
lol

Gogblon -

Looks like I have the green light for Sunday. I should be at the north access on Clitherall by 5am. I'll bring my power auger, I will.

I've got a question for you tulibee guys. It sounds like the morning works well, but what is the word on the rest of the day? Are there other times that seem to be as good? I am just wondering because I would like to get out there, but I can't fish the mornings. Any other advice would be helpful too. Thanks!

Hey guys-

Did you see the forcast temp for tonight and Sunday morning?

I am not sure if I hate tullibees that much yet.

What do youse guyse think?

Went out to Tentor Lake this morning and found a few tulipees. They were down about 40 feet in about 54 feet of water. We ended up with 6 and a couple crappies but missed lots that we shouldnt talk about. Flasher and waxie was the ticket. I think its a little early for this lake bt it will turn on with a couple days of warm weather. It prolly would have helped to have a vexilar or something but we savage rigged it. So i would say give it a try some day if you gots a chance. Right outside of dent you cant miss it.

missed you guys this morning on clitherall, i think it may have been better if there were a couple more guys out there. a tid bit nippy, but it wouldnt have even been a problem if i had remembered my lantern!!!! so it was kinda dark and cold, but i managed to pull up 5 and missed about 3 or 4. looked a little more promising than the last time i was out there though, i actually had big schools of id have to guess at least 30 fish, because my vexi would light up for about 10 feet. of course by the time i reeled up the first one and got bait on there, the school would move on.. i think you need to have enough people there with lines down to keep the fish interested??

also wondering, is there an evening bite out on clitherall?? think it would be worth a try to go at about 3 or 4 and sit there till dark or a little after?? seems if they bite steadily at sunrise, no reason why they shouldnt do the same thing at night?? this way it should be a little warmer too!!

didnt actually get set up till about 5:20, it took me about 15-20 minutes to drill a hole- the old auger is gettin a little dull and it was hard to get it started. but, i did get a fish right away when i dropped down. then it took about 15 minutes to get another, i thought maybe it was gonna be good, but that was about it until about 7:15, thats when i started having those bigger schools moving through, then after that, just had a few singles come in every 15-20 minutes.

Gogblon -

Sorry I was a no show this morning. I was encouraged when that wind quit late last night.

My wife had some kind of allergic reaction in her eye, so we had to run to town and deal with that.

I think the 'bees will bite there most of the time, I have just had my best days there in the early hours before sunup.

does anyone else have problems with this site reloading?? i know at least one person has put a message on here since my last one, but i cant see mine, or the other one.. is this a problem with my computer or the site??

suppose tomorrow morning will be better fishing with this storm front moving in?? supposed to be light snow tomorrow morning... maybe tomorrow night is an option too.. what do you guys think?