• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be heading up to Little Pine this weekend, and I haven't been up there since summer. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can catch a few walleyes or crappies? I might head over to Big Pine in the afternoon, has that lake produced at all this year? I'm not asking for you to give up your favorite spot, but any pointers would be appreciated. I fish the bar on the North shore of the lake during "soft water" season, but I haven't had the chance to fish Little Pine through the ice.

Your bar on big pine should produce. I generally go out of pair a dise resorts road and fish over by squaw point in the winter. Sounds like alot of big fish have been taken out this winter..Alot of littler fish being caught too..

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Paul, thank you for your reply. I'm not familiar with what Squaw Point is. I'm looking at the map and I'm not sure what that would be, or what the Pair a Dise resort road would be either. I'm a little more familiar with Little Pine as I have fished that several times. Would you suggest Little or Big Pine? And could you give me a hint (north, south etc...) as to which part of the Lake Squaws point is located on Big Pine? Or a description of where that road is that you referred to? Thanks again for the tip, I really appreciate it. Most all of the fish I catch go right back in the lake anyway, so I won't hurt any of the locals' spots too much I hope!! An eater or 2 is plenty for me. Thanks again.

I would fish where my confidence was highest, for you it looks like a trip to little pine is in order! Squaw point is along the north shore of big pine, it almost divides the lake into two basins... I better scoot, wifes getting antsy to go! lol Were headed sleddin this weekend.. Good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie