Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MJCatfish

Ottertail Perch

MJCatfish

Is anyone catching deep water perch yet/still? I'm going to attempt to fish Saturday morning for a while and will give a report if I do anything. The bite should be picking up soon.

Good Luck!
MJ

B mac

Last weekend, I caught a pile of perch in 28-30 ft....no walleyes though. A couple were pushing 9-10 inches. Does anyone think all these perch will eventually grow to that 1 pound range like you see and hear about in North Dakota? I'm worried that the population is too concentrated to allow for growth that size.

We catch em all day long where we are on o.t.They did get much larger when we moved to 26 ft from 20. It seems for every 10 you catch 1 will be keeper size. we are using a plain hook and med.shiners.
Getting eyes in the am and pm with an occasional one every hour or 2 during the day. We are going back out today and will be there all weekend until kickoff.
Be prepared to go through alot of bait with those perch. My buddy and I went through 5 dozen last weekend.
see ya on the lake

CPRBASS

How is the a.m. bite for eyes and perch? I'm thinking about going sat. morning and I have only fished the evening there.

B mac

Tireman,

Are you still getting quite a few walleyes even with this two week cold snap we are experiencing? Are you on a break, hump, point, etc? Just curious because Saturday was very slow for me, albeit I tried a new spot way away from the crowd. It unfortunately didn't produce!

chart1444

Where is the best place to drive on OT?

I've never been there, but want to try it at least once.

How about the best place to get bait?

fishermatt

Carr's and Tank and Tummy on Hwy 78 also have bait. They are near the Pelican Bay access on the east side. Riveria Ranch Public access is on the north east side off Hwy 1, that has a Flashing light at the access that makes it easy to find after dark.

MJCatfish

Was out on a hump Friday night and caught 13 walleyes with the biggest being 14 inches. I'll try in the morning for the perch bite to see what's going on.

MJ

Gissert

There are several places to get on the lake. I usually fish the west end, and you can drive on right across from Graystone. There is also an access on Amor Point, but you will need a 4 x 4 for that one. There is another public access by pelican bay on the east side that is also used.

Kens Tackle on the west end is a good spot for bait, and he will also give you info on areas to try.

Good Luck!

MJCatfish

Morning bite was nothing spectacular. Last night's bite wasn't either as far as that goes. In other words, catching was poor fishing was great though!

fishlakeman

I would have to comment on Carr's gas station. I was up at my grandparents on OT for Christmas 2 years ago, along with a couple rods and an auger just in case. I decided I had some time in the morning to go out for a few hours so I went into town and nothing was open. I stopped by Carrs and the owner was in there just walking out with last second christmas food, and he asked me what I needed and I said some shiners and fatheads, so he unlocked the door grabbed a brand new minnow bucket and filled it, all for free. WHAT SERVICE!!! I won't go anywhere else now. I ended up catching 3 keeper eyes in 45 min of fishing

Report from the weekend on O.T. was not very good. Eyes seem to have slowed. We kept 3 from Friday to Sunday, and caught a ton of perch. About 10 keepers. I have been working a hill moving from 18-26 in depth. Thinking about going shallow maybe 15-16 on the same hill. The key seems to be moving the house after about 2-3 days of fishing. I think those Walleyes figure it out. The eelpout sure are a plenty as well, we are cathing 1-2 of those slimy critters.
I have found that Tank and Tummy in O.T. is a pretty good place. At least you can buy minnows there at 6 am. The other place opens later on.
It was a fun weekend of fishing though and can't wait to get back out.

See ya on the lake

I was just wondering if anyone did anything special on ottertail this weeekend. I own a cabin up there but was unable to get out, just wanted to know what I missed.

yankz9

I was out from about 2 until 6:30. Fished in about 7 feet of water. Many small perch. Kept 10 that were between 10 and 11 inches. Caught 3 walleyes (15in, 18in, and a 23 incher. Had a great time. Was amazed by how these small perch inhale the big shiners.