• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ottertail is on fire! GOt out there Sat and caught 27 'eyes over 15", biggest was 28", then on Sun got 34, biggest was only 25" though. Never got a single perch. I released most of them so others can have a chance to get some. The DEPTH was key. I got 'em on fatheads and shinners jigging. This lake is so easy to pattern it's not even funny.

What sould i guy look for and what depth am thinking on going out there on sat so any help you could give would be great and what time i guy sould be out there I have never fished the lake and want to put my house out there so if you could help that would be great!!

Neverfailtosaysomethingridiculous strikes again. He's reported elsewhere on other ridiculous things to get a rise out of people. One of those types who seems to get off on getting others worked up.

Suggestion- don't reply to his asinine comments.
Scoot

Neverfailtobeanidiot,

If your going to lie that bad, why didn't you say you caught a the world record shark on Ottertail and then released it!

Sure doesn't take long for the jealusy to kick in on this forum! Just cause you're not catching sqat is no reason to take personal shots at other forum particepants. I have a right to post my fishing results here just like anyone else, and should not have to put up with jealous childish comments from others.

Neverfailtogrowup,

Well, you see the problem is that people on this site like to help each other out with fishing tips and locations. This is designed for fisherman not only coming up for the weekend but also the ones that are out on the lake everyday having problems finding fish. Then they ask questions and get some helpful hints to steer them in the right direction. That is what this site is set up for.
Everybody on this site that has ever fished Ottertail with some regular basis knows that this story of yours would never happen in a million years. In fact I know that there is no way that you did not catch one fish under 15 inches, and then 24 of them all the way up too 28 inches. You can ask every tournament fisherman that has ever fished Ottertail and they would most definately back me up. Now if you don't have the common courtesy to come on this site without stretching the truth than we don't need you. But then again when ever you post a report the others and I can just cut everthing in half or a third and then realize what you actually caught. Also we now know how much truth your posts hold!

I've been there a lot, but I've never seen 61 nice walleyes in 2 days come that easy! Spent this past Tuesday afternoon/evening there and between my buddy and I we caught perch and 1 dinky walleye!! It is not on fire anymore.
None of my friends have done diddly either!!

P.S. KB I know you're reading this, my house is on top of them on you know where!!! Piggy time.

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 01-09-2003).]

All that fishing, all those walleyes, and not a single perch, on Otter Tail.........

Riiiiigghhhhttttt

Not to change the subject but you guys keep talking about perch about two weeks ago I went over to Clitherall to try for some eyes and am not a big walleye fisherman but I set up in a spot that i thought they would be there as fast as i could get my line down the hole I would have a dam perch on it so finlly i said screw it and left is this that something i sould bear through

I think everyone who fishes OT would agree with me. During the day, the perch to walleye ratio is 10 to 1. At night it goes down, but u still catch perch. I find it hard to believe catching so many walleyes without the perch. and I always catch a lot of small eyes, where were they? Just disappear from the lake? Must be the global warming. He he. People don't catch a limit of 15+ in walleyes without catching the dinks along with them. Your ruler I think is about 8 inches off. Then it may be believeable.

Ya sounded kinda funny when i first read his post. Was just there on sunday and monday and you may catch some 15"+ walleyes but not without catching perch or those hugh 6" inchers and it was NOT on fire by any means. I dont fish it near as much as the locals but I have never been out there and not caught those little dinks along with the keepers. I think he probably means 27 eyes over 5" and nothing bigger than 15"!!!! Ya sure ya didnt bump your head when ya had to much to drink??? Ya keep tellin stories like this and pretty soon you might just start believing them yourself.

I read this initial post and immediately thought to myself, what the he#* ! i worked that lake from shallow to deep front and back on sunday monday and tuesday morningn and found only little perch largest being 11 inches took enough out to make a meal though. not one single walleye. neverfails can spin a good fish story but please make it a little believable. steve-o

It is a shame you feel you have to boost your ego, maybe your a little short in other areas!!!! And I know were not suppose to bash but hopefully they will let this one slide.

If your going to lie at least make it believable. Dont insult our intelligents!! Have done alot of walleye fishing and have never seen that range of year class in one spot impossible. And with out catching one perch what are they feeding on 28" walleyes will eat 6" perch. Perch = walleyes. And if it is true lets here some depths and presentaions. Instead of whining that everyone is childish. This is a forum to help not brag!!!!!

Come on. Do you really expect anyone to believe your story? It seems a little far fetched that you caught that many fish of such nice size on ottertail. Not one pearch? It sounds to me like you are trying to get people to move off the lake that you are really fishing on and move to ottertail.

hey neverfailtolimit, i know your reading up on this post. 61 eyes in two days, thats not out of the question, but the size of the eyes and the lack of forage fish just dosen't work for ya buddy. this forum is set up to share honest information with people fishing or looking for a place to go. your credibility here is ruined, unless you are willing to contribute honest information, take your stories elsewhere........just one guys opinion.

It is truly amazing to read the reactions of you all. Especially those of you who make up those cute names for my handle! Some real creativity there!! Thanks for making this forum interesting again! Many of you say these are lies, and that this is the place for honest information. OK, lets have some honest information then!! Those of you who may be doing well aren't sharing any specifics. It's easy to be honest when you didn't catch squat!! When people do poorly, we here all about the specifics. How about somebody actually doing well and then sharing some actual specifics. Never happens. This is the only post on this forum worth reading right now, because nobody is sharing any good info! Of course this isn't true. But instead of exagerating a little like lots of you do, I figured why not make it totally unbelievable and leave no doubt. If you got all worked up when you read this, the joke's on you. I'm just excercising my right of free speech. It doesn't have to be "honest" free speech. And to those of you who will take some more personal shots after reading this, make it your best!! I can't wait to read it. It's the only interesting thing on this forum.

Neverfailtolimit,

Your point is well taken. But the only problem is that you, a well credited fisherman by your own account, has done nothing to help anyone out here either besides post a ridiculous report on Ottertail and get people angered about Big Pine.

What you have now done, is ruin yours and probably some of the other members credibility. So many new members read these posts everyday and when they come across one of these, they will learn real quick that it's hard to believe any of the information ANY of us give.

I'm not going to lie, I don't tell specifics, but I'll tell you what lake is working for me and which lakes aren't. I'll tell you depth, color of lure, bait, times ect...and I think most others are doing the same. Let's keep teaching and learning from each other and not confuse by giving reports like you do. Here is an honest report from a guy who pretends he knows how to fish???.....

They aren't biting anywhere very well. 2 nights ago I got 2 crappies on Eagle lake using small jigs and waxies in 20 feet of water. (My report)

Very small walleyes are biting on Big Pine with an occasional 14" biting in 17-22 feet of water off Squaw Point. (Roomates report)
Beware of crossing the Ice heave!

Little Detroit is giving up some crappies later in the evening on teardrops and crappie minnows in 12'. Very slow fishing here.(Roomates Report)

I'll be out this weekend and will hopefully have more than.

Neverfailtolimit, help everyone on here become better fisherpeople, not better BS detectors!!!!!

"It doesn't have to be "honest" free speech."
-neverfailtolimit

Nuff said. This guy just needs some entertainment in life, and he has childish ways for cheap thrills.

Scoot, you were correct on this one!

Two quick comments, though I'm not sure I should dignify the original post with a reply.

First, the free speech item. With rights come responsibilities. With the right of free speech, comes the responsibility not to abuse it. And in some cases, untruthful speech is not just rude, inconsiderate, and disrespectful...its against the law.

Second, I now see how neverfailtolimit actually does never fail to limit...imagination can be a wonderful thing.

I let this thread live long enough to show the newbies a perfect example of pretty good BS. One big part of fishing and becoming good at it is being able to sort thru the lies and deciept to root out the good info. Neverfailtolimit has pretty much runied his credibility which is ok by me, one less unreliable source. Less sorting. I Have fished ottertail as long as I can remember, it could happen but odds are it didn't. Always some dinks and perch mixed in.
I dont like having to close threads but this one is over. I have neverfailtolimits IP number so changing handles wont work...Sorry folks... Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie