• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My buddy and I put our 8x12 house out from the Pelican Bay access on Sunday, Dec 8th.
We are on the first break where we have 12 inches of good ice. Some pickups are driving out but most walk or 4 wheel it.
Everything looks great but the bite for us was super slow! Only 2 small walleyes the first nite and one on Monday nite. We are in 15-17 feet of water. Maybe need a change in the weather? Any hot tips?
Charley Tuna

------------------
Charley Tuna

It seems like the first break is a great spot when the first ice is on. But once all those houses get out there it seems to scare all the fish to deeper water. We moved my house out down by the pier last weekend and the walleyes went nuts. If you can find a hump or point that sticks out with not so many houses you should find nice eyes. 18 feet of water is my favorite on ottertail on the break or on a point but on the humps anywhere in the 20s. Shiners seemed to work the best, maybe try a northland jiggin spoon tipped witha minnow head it was killer last weekend out there. Tight Lines TC