• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Long Lake (just south of stalker)

I will be spending a week on a private island on long lake just south of stalker lake. The name of this location is called Great Northern Island if anyone has any information on this property i would love to hear it.I would also like to know what the lake is like, for I cant seem to find to many details on this body of water.
Thank You

A friend of mine told me that this Long Lake you speak about is an excellent fishery. I haven't made it to that lake yet, so can't help you much. It has been tough fishing around here lately. For awhile there, fall seemed to be approaching and now??? who knows. Good luck, sounds like fun.

You should be able to find info on the lake through the DNR website, and click on Lake Finder. You should be able to get lake maps and fish surveys.

I was up there a few weeks a go for the weekend, its a nice island with a beautiful amish built log cabin. I didn't get a chance to fish any so I can't help you there.
There is a web site for the island it is "greatnorthernisland.com"
I hope this help you. Enjoy your stay and good luck fishing.

[This message has been edited by mtrue68 (edited 08-31-2002).]

I was fishing at Stalker from Aug. 18-24, and due to the lack of walleye cooperation we wandered over to Long on a couple of the days. We didn't try for walleyes, but had a blast casting for bass and pike along the shorelines. We caught them all over the lake, but seemed to have the best luck on the north shore from the boat ramp to the east end. Lots of action on spinnerbaits of various colors. Nothing huge (up to 3-4 pounds), but enough to give me a sore, bleeding thumb at the end of the first day! And no, I didn't lip the pike, just the bass ;-)

[This message has been edited by Gordilly (edited 09-03-2002).]