• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey all, probably shouldn`t do this but your more than likely in the know. I have some inlaws on Star and manage to go see them 2 or 3 times a year. Kindof figured out the lake over the past few years and thanks to Paul R. zeroed in a few minor details. All of you locals must realize how good you all have it siving up there. I drive up from Austin and not a lake the county. But, what an awsome area to fish. In the future i`d like to venture off Star and try some new water. I was up last weekend and mainly fished for the BIG gills. We caught a bunch and they were not hard to find on the weedlines. We got into some small walleyes during the day but i couldn`t get the bro inlaw to get out after dark, new boat and all? I about snuck out and swiped it sat night. Anyhow just wanted to get on board and say hay. Is there anbody else fishing Star currently with any success? Where do all the bass hide after they move out to the edges in summer? Paul were gonna hook up one of these trips. C-ya. Flip

Hi flip, your right! We dont realize how good we have it! Most dont anyways... I havent been playing on star, having too much fun on ottertail catching big northerns. Ever see a 9 year old hold onto a pole with a shad rap trolled at 4 mph when a 12 lb pike hits it? what a blast! This brings up another question. How come the kids outfish the older folks? It's been that way this summer it seems. Hope you have an awesome fall!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie