• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Heading for Big Pine on Saturday 8/3 for a week and wondering if anyone has been having any luck for eyes? Any general tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Smitty

Hya Smitty! I was at northside bait in perham today, they said fishing on big pine was fair, I gotta kinda take their word for it as I havent been there in three weeks. Little pine is off and on again, same game on both lakes as last year. Ottertail is a little slow, tons of small fish, easy to find, not so easy to catch. We caught most today thee on a leech and spinner. good luck and good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

I have had my good and bad days out there. Some days it is exceptionally good, other days, you are lucky to catch a fish. I have been using minnows, crawlers, and leeches and had the best luck on leeches in about 20 to 25 feet. Good luck and post your outcome.

Chris

Thanks guys. I'll let ya know how things go..

Paul, staying at Jungle Shores. If ya happen to be in the area stop by and say Hi...

Can't wait!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got back yesterday and only really one word, sloooowwwwww..... The majority of what we did catch were off the edges of humps in 26-28' of water using crawler harnesses (ran 15-18" with smaller ones mixed in). It was definitely a long time between fish!!!

Oh well, a good time had none the less. Be back in the fall for that Little Pine bite!!