Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to going up to my girlfriends cabin on Star and chasing after some big panfish and the walleyes of this lake. Just wondering if anyone is doing anything on this lake. I don't need specific spots, just curious what depths people are getting fish there. I'm going to be up there the weekend of June 15th. Any info. would be great.

Good Luck,
Rusty

Smitty

My folks are up there this week. I'll try to post something next weekend when they get back.

Sounds good Smitty, that would really help, cause I'm going up next weekend smile.gif I can't wait!!

Did you see Star is featured in Outdoor News this week?

Good Luck,
Rusty

Smitty

Well, dad says the fishing was very slow but they did manage to pick up a few. Temps dropped about 25 degrees the day after they got there so that didn't probably help..

Most eyes were on dropoffs in 20-25' of water with a couple out to 32'. Crawler rigs pulled lindy style worked the best. Most fish on a sharp drop close to the small island (when you come into the main lake from the West arm, between there and the point off to your left)..
Sorry not more info, but the fish were just starting to pick up the end of the week so you may do well if the weather holds.

Good luck.

Thanks for the update Smitty. I'll let you know if the fish cooperate. I'm planning to fish the 3 sunken humps around the far island. Plus I'm going to go looking for some good 'gills. Thanks again.

Good Luck,
Rusty

P.S. Smitty, do you have a place on the lake? My g/f's parents have a trailer at Ebert's. Know where that is?

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited 06-11-2002).]

Smitty

I'm just an occasional visitor to Star, actually live in N. Iowa.. In the past we have stayed at Frank's in the West Arm.. Not real familiar with other resorts on the lake..

Good Luck!!!

Smitty,
We ended up doing ok.... my g/f caught her first ever walleye, so that was fun. We had some trouble with the trolling motor, which made it difficult. I saw LOTS of limits come out of the lake though. Let me know when you're coming up again, and I'll get some current info for you.

Good Luck,
Rusty