Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

chart1444

What types of fish does this lake have?

How is the public access?

How many acres?

Gissert

Access is on the southeast side of the lake. Good walleye lake, panfish too. LOTS of structure here, and it can take a while to figure this lake out.

fishermatt

Wow, what a great looking lake, at least as far as the map goes! Never been there, but looks like it's got a good walleye population. With all those big shallow humps, looks like a plug troller's dream lake! Do the weeds grow to the water's surface on those midlake humps, or can a guy get a plug in between the surface and the weeds?

Gissert

The mid lake hump/flat is can usually be trolled or cast upon with plugs. Silp bobbers worke here as well. The east one, however is a different story. Heavy weeds there, and quite shallow, but the drops around the edges are good.

The the lobes that lead to the outlet on the SW corner are good for bass, and bluegills. Early spring crappies are here at times, too. Lots of nice bullrush beds on the west/south sides.

There are a lot of tiny spots on this lake that are not shown on the map. There is so much structure on this lake that crowding is not an issue for me. If there are boats on where I want to go, I just pick a different spot.

During the hot, calm days of mid summer, the gar fish will roll and cruise the surface over the shallow mid lake flats. We used to chase them when we we were kids. One guy would run the motor and steer, while the other guy would stand in the front with a spear and try and gig one of those devils. We did not get very many, but we sure had good, clean fun! We probably burned 5 gallons of gas for every gar we got.

Next to Ottertail, this is my favorite lake in the area.

fishermatt

Gissert,
Thanks for the details! Sounds like a lake a guy could spend a lifetime getting to know really well. The gar "fishing" sounds like it was a great time!! It's a bit of a drive for a spoiled "ottertail river chain" fisherman like me, but sounds like it would be worth a try sometime.

Gissert

fishermatt,

plan a day trip, and hit Johnson or South Long lakes if Stalker does not pan out. they have coughed up some early season eyes in the past couple years.

fishermatt

Hey Gissert,
How 'bout a trade. I'll take you to Big Pine (my 2nd favorite lake after OT) for a day if you'll take me to Stalker for a day. Just a thought. Not that I'm looking to steal your spots or anything... But I would be willing to trade a trip for a trip. Let me know what you think.

Gissert

fishermatt -

Sounds like a deal when the water gets soft. I am not to worried about my spots on Stalker, LOL. I am a bit more cagey about a couple early ice spots on Ottertail.

Pine for me is like Stalker to you, as it is a bit out of my normal stomping grounds.

I can get you into some nice 'gills on my lake in mid June, too.

We will see how things pan out. W/ a four month old future fishergirl, my spare time can be a bit short.

Leaving for Nestor Falls a week from next Wednesday. four days of lakers, pike, crappies, perch, and walleyes, I cant wait! That trip will have to last me until about Memorial Day.

fishermatt

Gissert,
Just