Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

slick2526

a idea just came to mind last night. if we could talk rick into putting on the fishingmn.com ice fishing derby/tournament somewhere around the detroit lakes/ ottertail area how many of you would show up. Like I said its just a thought, the ice season is comming up pretty soon and maybe this year the tourney could actually be when there is some descent weather. I havent said anything to rick about it because I wouldnt be good at setting this type of ordeal up. Just let me know what you think

Jim W

Depending on the drive from Spring Valley I might consider. I've been putting the miles on this year, trying to keep it somewhat to a minimum.

Jim W

Scoot

I'd be in and I think it's a good idea.
Scoot

minneman

Count me in.

slick2526

Hehehe, even if I or we cant talk him into having around here, we could still put something on. just for the people who would show up thats around here. But I will talk to him.

Rick

Hi Slick,
Let me know how many folks are interested, which Resort or access we are using, times, dates, etc. It would be nice if Paul could run it with you.

Let me know please.

slick2526

This is a pretty big idea on my part. without eyeguy, im pretty much screwed on choosing resorts and such. Im not all that great on doing that kind of stuff. But if hes not busy and all maybe he will help me out. I dont know how many people are going to come. I was thinking on putting up flyers in local bait shops and things of that sort. How did you set up the one on mille acs?

slick2526

Oh yah, if anyone has any ideas on where and how to set this up, let me know. Im intrested in any help I can get!

Paul Rohweller

Lets throw a few questions out just to see if it could work out.
Should we have a derby/tournament or should we have an informal get togather/bbq out on the ice for fun? I guess I'm all for the fun part, if I wanted to compete I would stick to the Ice leaders challenge series, they are well run but it's your choice.
Which lake? It would be just a guess but the bulk of the good folks attending would be local so maybe we should pick a lake thats handy for all of us.
How about a date? Most weekends will work for me other than the usual xmas, new years, red lake crappie contest or the old timers run in lake park. Lets put our heads togather and do this thing! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

slick2526

I was more directed to the fun part too. I was thinking that we could go for money prize for biggest/smallest/etc. fish too. As for a lake my guess is as good as yours. For the dates. I was thinking well, more along lines when ever we think there will be enuff ice to drive vehicles. We should go more in debt tho. Maybe take some sort of a poll for what lake to fish? any suggestions will be fine

fishermatt

Your best chance for a combination of good weather and good fishing is sometime in December. Rush Lake south of Perham generally freezes early and can be driven on by Mid December, weather depending. It's got loads of structure and a good walleye population.

slick2526

Thanks for the opinion! I guess I dont want to choose everything I want to know what other people think too.

Paul Rohweller

Well theres a vote for rush, havent been there in ages on the ice. I'm thinkin stumpy or boyer. Any other opinions?

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie