Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Hey Paul...what's happening?

Hi Paul,

I'll be in your area again next weekend. I'm planning on camping at my place Wednesday, then Muskie fishing/camping at a boat-in site on Beers in Maplewood Thursday. Then it's off to Crow Wing State Park Friday(Saturday/Sunday?) to fish the Mississippi...not sure what Saturday and Sunday will bring, but may come back to my place and fish some of the lakes in your area again.

I posted a ? for Toad earlier this week, and he said the river should be hot for smallies, so I might just stay there the whole weekend...the extended weather forecast looks incredible.

I know it's a booger to predict turnover, but it's awfully cold/rainy/windy here in SW Iowa today. What's the water temp on most lakes now? It was 71 here last Sunday, but I can about imagine we've dropped a good 8 degrees this week. Don't the (smaller) lakes in your area normally roll at about 50-55 (considering various factors, i.e. wind/rain/air temp)? I'm attempting to plan my strategy, you know.

I have another "long" weekend planned for the 3rd week in October with my Dad. At 70, he can still kick my bass, but I don't mind so much considering the source. Just might have to take him to LaBelle and Big Sugarbush for some pike action also that time of year.

I enjoyed meeting you. I hope you and your family are doing great.

FLB

[This message has been edited by Freckled Lady Bucket (edited 09-15-2001).]

Paul Rohweller

Hey bucket!
Right now the water temps around here are 61 to 62 on the smaller lakes and right around 63 on ottertail. Pulled raps last night on little pine and came up with 9 decent eyes, released them all, then was jigging this morning on ottertail and we kept 8 and released as many. Lots of smaller fish and a little tough to pin down, they arent bunched up good yet. Would be fun to go on a road trip like you have planned! I'll be on ottertail for the next three weeks its lookin like. I kicked my dads bass today, shouldnt have tho it was his birthday lolol, I think hes losing the feel in his hands. It was fairly chilly this morning. The family is doing super and the house and shop project is rolling right along finally.I hope all is well in your neighborhood too. Well I better get from here, say hi to Mike for me!! Good luck and good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Paul,

Thanks for the info...I was getting concerned I'd nail turnover this coming weekend, but it appears that "probably" won't happen.

If you see a couple of knucklehead Iowegians running around the area in a red Ford Club Cab with "HOOKSET" Iowa tags, or an aluminum Grumman bass-jon w/25 johnson...stop and say hello!

We'll probably grab a burger and a beer at Billy's in Vergas sometime Thursday afternoon.

FLB

Paul Rohweller

MMMMMMM billys makes the best cheeseburger baskets! What I havent figured out is if they taste so good because I'm starving or because
its someone elses cooking! lolol Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie