• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi Paul,

I'll be in your area again next weekend. I'm planning on camping at my place Wednesday, then Muskie fishing/camping at a boat-in site on Beers in Maplewood Thursday. Then it's off to Crow Wing State Park Friday(Saturday/Sunday?) to fish the Mississippi...not sure what Saturday and Sunday will bring, but may come back to my place and fish some of the lakes in your area again.

I posted a ? for Toad earlier this week, and he said the river should be hot for smallies, so I might just stay there the whole weekend...the extended weather forecast looks incredible.

I know it's a booger to predict turnover, but it's awfully cold/rainy/windy here in SW Iowa today. What's the water temp on most lakes now? It was 71 here last Sunday, but I can about imagine we've dropped a good 8 degrees this week. Don't the (smaller) lakes in your area normally roll at about 50-55 (considering various factors, i.e. wind/rain/air temp)? I'm attempting to plan my strategy, you know.

I have another "long" weekend planned for the 3rd week in October with my Dad. At 70, he can still kick my bass, but I don't mind so much considering the source. Just might have to take him to LaBelle and Big Sugarbush for some pike action also that time of year.

I enjoyed meeting you. I hope you and your family are doing great.

FLB

[This message has been edited by Freckled Lady Bucket (edited 09-15-2001).]

Hey bucket!
Right now the water temps around here are 61 to 62 on the smaller lakes and right around 63 on ottertail. Pulled raps last night on little pine and came up with 9 decent eyes, released them all, then was jigging this morning on ottertail and we kept 8 and released as many. Lots of smaller fish and a little tough to pin down, they arent bunched up good yet. Would be fun to go on a road trip like you have planned! I'll be on ottertail for the next three weeks its lookin like. I kicked my dads bass today, shouldnt have tho it was his birthday lolol, I think hes losing the feel in his hands. It was fairly chilly this morning. The family is doing super and the house and shop project is rolling right along finally.I hope all is well in your neighborhood too. Well I better get from here, say hi to Mike for me!! Good luck and good fishin! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Paul,

Thanks for the info...I was getting concerned I'd nail turnover this coming weekend, but it appears that "probably" won't happen.

If you see a couple of knucklehead Iowegians running around the area in a red Ford Club Cab with "HOOKSET" Iowa tags, or an aluminum Grumman bass-jon w/25 johnson...stop and say hello!

We'll probably grab a burger and a beer at Billy's in Vergas sometime Thursday afternoon.

FLB