Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Has Lida slowed or is it just me?

Fished Lida a few times this week and the bite has seemed to slow considerably. Was able to get a few 19" fish to go on Sunday, but the bite seems to be off. These fish were scattered and it took a lot of moving around to find them. Curious if it is just me or if others are experiencing the same results.

Paul Rohweller

Hey kirsch
fished lida saturday, did alright. I got a few in the 19 inch range but like you I had to move around alot. I didnt spend alot of time fishing where I knew there was fish (was a scouting mission). I'll be back on lida tomorrow. Rumor has it it's hit or miss. I did best rigging a plain nightcrawler.Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Crow Hunter

Reading about Lida got me to wondering... My family used to go to Lida for a week every year, but I have not been there now since the early 80's. It used to be a great lake for big sunfish, crappies and good walleye fishing. How is the fishing now for these species? Maybe I will have to come up and try it again sometime. I'd appreciate any info you guys can give me.

Paul Rohweller

Those fish up off the bottom are the reason my rigging snells are a little over 5 ft long. Floating a crawler up in their face until they just cant take it anymore. On tuesday we switched from rigging to trolling spinners so we could cover more ground. Have you ran a red and white blade with red beads there yet?
Crow hunter, The fishing on lida has become
better since your last visit. Theres a voulantary 15 inch minimum size on the walleyes and a slot on the crappies. I did catch two pike in the 5 to 8 lb range on tuesday as well. right now the big walleyes are shallow. i watched a tourist reel in a 7 pounder caught on a rattletrap fishing for panfish. Later! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387

Paul,

Have you noticed the walleyes suspending quite a ways off the bottom on Lida and Bpine this year? It seems to be happening to me a lot this year. I haven't had a lot of problems catching fish, but the biggest arches have been 3-4 feet off the bottom versus tight to the bottom. My bottom bouncer is below them.

I noticed this last night on Lida and switched from a bottom bouncer, spinner, and crawler to a three way rig with spinnner and crawler and it seemed to be the ticket. Thought I would let you know and see if you have been experiencing the same thing.

Paul,

I haven't tried a red/white blade. I have had luck with red and silver beads or chartruese and gold beads when it is sunny and glow/red when it is cloudy. Also for spinner blades, I have been having my best luck with hammered Silver and Hammered gold on sunny days. On cloudy days, blue, glow, or pink or any combination of these have been producing.

Also, crawlers have been the ticket all year for me. I have been very dedicated at trying to use leeches. However, since mid-Summer last year on Lida, I haven't seen one day where they have out-produced crawlers.

I will try red/white next time out. I was out on Saturday and fishing wasn't fast, but I did catch some in the 18-19" class. Lida produces better for me in the mornings than the evenings, but it just may be my pattern I am fishing. I also have caught a small-mouth the last 3 times out. All of them over 2 lbs. Is this lake being groomed for a small-mouth lake?

One other question, I haven't been over to Big Pine since the Barrel O'Fun tourney. Is it still producing?

Paul Rohweller

Ya big pine took a severe downturn fishwise, It got the mayfly thing and then croaked.I left it for dead till fall or even next spring. You could still go there and catch fish but its not as easy as a month and a half ago. I belive lida is being groomed as a smallie lake, I've been catching them too. We ran into a pile of them on a bar out there last winter, theres some dandys in there if the folks manage to release them immediately, I think the lake has state record potential within the next 5 years. Save the leeches for ottertail and stick with your crawler game or pull crankbaits. Little mcdonald is on! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387

Paul Rohweller

Hi Kirsch,
best thing you could do for lil mac is to read the article on the main page here at fishingminnesota.com on open water trolling. Its the same deal just a different lake. I agree it is like pulling teeth! It has been kept quiet for many many years. The biggest eye for my boat came from there, a 32 incher wasnt me tho. :-( Oh well. That came on live bait in 22 ft of water. Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Rohweller (edited 07-10-2001).]

Paul,

Now you have my attention with the words Little Mac. My Sister and Brother-in-law have a home on this lake and I have seen some samples of walleyes that come off that lake at night with deep water cranking. However, it is like pulling teeth trying to get any info out of anyone about this lake.

We can take this offline if you like to discuss this more in detail. I would be curious how deep you are fishing, if it is a night (dark) bite, full moon any better, what type of crank seems to work best, etc.

I had heard the bass were hiting well but I hadn't heard about the walleyes.

Korey Kirschenmann
kkirsche@microsoft.com or
korey.kirschenmann@greatplains.com