Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

Star Lake mid October

Smitty

Heading to Star Lake Oct 13-17 for a long weekend with Dad. Just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding the eye fishing there that time of year. I have a lake map if that helps. Will be staying at Galaxy resort.
Thanks

hey smitty , glad to see you found your way back here!!What lake map are you staring at? I'm sittin here lookin at the lakemaps brand map. Its not too bad. I generally only fish there in the spring and occasionally in the summer. Jigs and minnows have been the ticket locally for me lately, but dont write off pulling crankbaits along the weeds either. Sounds like the weather is going to be decent this weekend , might slide down there and do a little lookin. You have decent electronics so finding the deeper fish shouldnt be a problem. Will keep you updated!!! Paul

------------------
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
Serving west central Minnesota.
Paul Rohweller (218)962-3387
pkrfish@walleyecentral.com
http://wwwebresults.com/fishmn/pinetoprairie/

Smitty

Thanks Paul. I've got the same map as you're looking at I think. Had a hard time finding good minnows last time over there. Any suggestions on a bait shop? With Dad along, trolling won't be a problem (he's addicted to trolling)!!! Still have a couple good deep weededges saved on the GPS so we'll probably start there.

Let me know how you do if you end up going. I've got the FEVER!!!!

hi smitty,
If galaxy doesnt have decent minnows you will probably have to go to Rockys bait. They are located east of Erhard mn on highway 24 just on the south east side of maplewood state park , up in the hills. Look for a green and white sign on the north side of the road. If the gate is open , they are. They should be , Ive stopped in there at odd hours of the day. Good folks with great bait! They are a wholesale minnow outfit . have a little of everything but lake shiners. Snowed up here this morning. brrrr Paul

------------------

Smitty

SNOW!!! See if you can get rid of that and get some 60-70 degree weather by the time I get there :-).. Are redtails the best choice this time of year if available?

Redtails, your best bet to find redtails would be in Detroit lakes or pelican rapids. In dl go to county 6 amoco on highway 59 south. John has nice minnows. The baitshop in pelican Rapids is located in the cenex gas station downtown. He might have them also.
Yes snow! lolol bout 4 inches to the north up around lake of the woods country , just flurries here today , low temps expected this weekend are down in the teens....Its supposed to warm back up on monday! Think I gotta go help dad in law with his garage........ Paul

------------------

Smitty the forecast is lookin up for the weekend if dont mind a possibility of scattered showers. Temps will run into the low 60's during the day and drop into the low 40's at night. Liveable for this time of the year. Too early to predict any big winds tho. Paul

Smitty

Thanks Paul.. Sounds pretty good, let's hope the eyes think so too... Just got back from a business trip to Detroit, so I'm scurrying around trying to get caught up before leaving on Friday. I can certainly handle those temps, and Star doesn't seem to get rough easily from what I have seen. If ya see a blue 2001 Lund 1800 Fisherman with an OptiMax and Merc kicker running around Star or Little Pine give a holler. Any recent news on Little Pine?

Smitty

Paul, it was good to finally meet you (sort of) the other day. Would have been better on dry ground(hard to find on Saturday with the weather) where I could buy you a beer or whatever. We ended up with nothing on Sat., but went to Little Pine on Sun and Monday nights. Caught 13 on Sunday night and 6 in a short night Monday night (quit at 10:00 cause we had to leave Tuesday morning).. Biggest was about 2-2.5lbs pretty much all in 6-8' of water on #5 Shad Raps in front of the park. Still plan on having you show me Ottertail one of these days. You got off of Star just in time on Saturday, it started raining harder right after you left. Again, thanks for stopping by and hope to talk to you more in the future. Dave Smit

Hi Smitty,
Glad to see you got on some fish! I was just getting dried out on saturday when I talked to you. It poured right after i got loaded up and down the road a piece. Little pine and big pine have been kicking out fish like that all summer. I'll take you up on the cold one next trip up!! Good to meet you too, always great to put a face with a name.. I bet that fancy top on your boat was lookin like a pretty good investment saturday.... Could have used it on mille lacs! Paul

------------------

Smitty

Yep, any doubt I have had about buying the top set (and I've had plenty) vanished quickly Saturday. I was surprised that there were quite a few boats on Little Pine before dark, but we were the ONLY ones in the area once the sun went down (not complaining, it was great). I see they have torn 3 of the cabins out of Babe's (looked like 3, 7, and 8 were gone), is the resort business still open?

Catch ya on the next trip. Leave a few out there for me in the mean time. Dave

Will do Dave! :-)
Im glad to see the voulentary catch and release signs going up in the area. hope it catches on. Fishing will only get better. What lake you want me to leave them on? lololol Paul

------------------