• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey There,
We are going up to The big V on Thurs., Just in time for the bottom to fall out of the nice weather.(If it weren't for bad luck.. we'de have no luck at all). At least I have the full bimini top and a small heater.
Does anyone know if the lake has turned over yet? If so, what would be the best way to fish eyes with a N.W. wind howlin down out of Canada?
We will be up west of the narrows. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all who reply..

------------------
dawg <*}}}>< ~~~

Hey Lucky,
Fish slow deep and vertical and do it on the east end. smile.gif

------------------

Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
aceguideservice.com
Lake Vermilion
Muskies and More.

Pro Staff Member.
Catch-n Tackle.
CKat Custom Muskie rods.
Bearpaws Handpoured Baits
Ohio Pro Lure.
Muskie Nut Tackle.
Big Chimney Muskie Baits.
H20 Muskie Tackle.
Marcum.

Yep, this fish are deep. Was out with my #1 fishing partner Skyler (my son) this morning. We whacked'em pretty good. Brought in 10 nice ones to eat and released several others. Several places to catch them right now. We are fishing 42-46 feet deep. 42 is the key depth for us. Talked to others doing well also.
Oh, these are all fish on the WEST END.

Doug

Doug

------------------
Captain Doug Wintle
Licensed Guide
U.S.C.G #938941
Spring Bay Resort & Guide Service
http://www.SpringBayResort.com

Lund Pro Staff
RJ Sport and Cycle Pro Staff
[email protected]
800-847-5253

Hi

Walleyes are not my main thing, but I got into a bunch each day out with the hounds in 36' to 38' off and on all week.

Fish of many sizes from 6" to 18", just simply to fun.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, and so tasty to say the very, very least.

smile.gif

Simple Jig & Minnow did it all for me.

SLOW and in their face fish'en.

Also popped a few nice 18" fish just off Scavanger Point in 9'.

Cool thing is you don't have to go to far and can be alone, but fish'en naked would be a bit to much as that wind is COLD!! wink.gif

Have fun and enjoy it while you can.

Tom

Had a little bit of all weather Thurs, Fri and Sat. We were fishing out of VDL and had a great time as usual. Lots of 12"-14" walleyes deep 40-50ft with jig-n-minnows and a few 19"-20" dragg'n lindys in 14' along the shore line. Also took home 4 14" pie plates. Had my brother up from Arizona for the 1st time and he ended up with a 42" musky next to the boat. 10 minutes to get it up on 6 pound test w/ lindy rig shocked.gif. Looking forward to the ice, but more foward to spring.

Sounds like you had some fun Jigit.

That is what it is all about for most of us and a mixed bag of Walleyes, along with some weather and a Muskie to boot is very special.

laugh.gif

Maybe see ya on the water sometime next spring.

Tom

We've been going up there spring,fall and winter for the last 6 years and this is the 1st time I've seen a muskie next to the boat. I think its time to take up muskie fish'n.

Home of the $15 lure and 10,000 casts.....lol