• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey Fisky

What can you (or someone else)tell us about the Strieff's Tournament. I believe it's a one day event (July 10th), but that's all I know. Looking for info on entry fees, etc. Also looking for a partner. Thanks.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

Never mind, here's the info I was looking for. Still need a partner--Post here if interested, your boat or mine. About sixty teams already registered, so the sooner the better.<P><BR>STREIFF SPORTING GOODS 2004 FISHING TOURNAMENT APPLICATION<P>JULY 10, 2004<P>Must be turned in by July 5<P>PO BOX 49 WARROAD, MN 56763<P>218-386-2590 1-800-817-2590<P> <P>Team Member: <P>#1 Age <P>Address <P>Phone Number <P>Signature­ <P> <P>Team Member <P>#2 Age <P>Address <P>Phone Number <P>Signature­ <P>[] I will help clean fish<P>Cost per Team = $100<P>Method of Payment:<P> Cash<P> Check<P> Credit Card # <P>Expiration Date <P> <P>******************************************<P> <P>There is only room for 100 boats in this tournament. The first 100 applications turned in will be entered into the contest. If you cancel, you must do so by July 5th or your money will not be refunded.<P> <P>Date & Time turned in: <P><BR>Streiff Sporting Goods<P>Summer Fishing Tournament 2004<P> <P>Saturday July 10, 2004<P>8:00 AM. to 4:30 PM<P>(Alternate date Sunday July 11)<P>Lake of the Woods (Muskeg Bay, Warroad, MN)<P>$50.00 Per Person Entry Fee /2 Person Team<P>Limited to 100 teams<P> <P>RULES AND REGULATIONS<P> <P>1. ELIGIBILITY: Fishermen 18 years old and older may compete in the tournament.<P>Persons under 18 may participate only as a teammate of a person that is 18 or older. All entries must be two person teams. Entry forms must be received along with the $100.00 fee by 6:00 P.M., July 6, 2004<P> <P> <P>2. HEADQUARTERS: Site of contest will be Muskeg Bay on Lake of the Woods (Warroad City Boat Ramp). Any questions may be answered prior to the tournament by contacting Streiff Sporting Goods (1-800-817-2590).<P> <P>3. PRE TOURNAMENT MEETING: There will be a mandatory pre tournament meeting at Streiff Sporting Goods on Friday at 6:30pm. It is a requirement that there is at least one person from each team at this meeting.<P> <P>4. FISHING HOURS: Boat check-in will begin from 6:30 to 7:30 am. The tournament will feature a staggered start at 8:00, 8:15, 8:30 and 8:45 am. Boat check in will also be staggered at 3:45, 4:00, 4:15 and 4:30 PM. It will be the participants responsibility to get out of the water and to the check in station by their scheduled time.<P> <P>5. FISHING AREA: Lake of the Woods (Minnesota waters) only.<P> <P>6. TACKLE: Live or artificial baits may be used. Down Rigging will not be allowed.<P> <P>7. CATCH-N-DONATE: Live wells or aerated coolers must be used, stringers are not allowed. No culling or live well sorting is permitted. Participants are not authorized to "fizz" walleye suffering from inflated swim bladders.<P> <P>Each team will be allowed to check in a total of 6 fish. Fish must be a minimum of 14­inches, with only ONE fish over 19.5 inches. Any fish judged not to be fresh (caught that day) will result in team disqualification. Fish may be weighed in at any time during the tournament. All fish will become the possession of Streiff Spotting Goods and will be donated to the Warroad Care Center and Greenbush Nursing Home. Teams cannot bring in more than 6 fish or they will be subject to disqualification.<P> <P>8. INSPECTION: Every boat's contents and live well will be inspected at check-in prior to the start of the tournament. Boats and trailers will also be inspected for (and must be free of) vegetation prior to start of tournament. Tournament officials or other fishermen may observe teams.<P> <P>It shall be illegal for any boat to go ashore or come together, other than at the check in point. Exceptions to this rule would include storm, sickness, mechanical difficulties, or other emergency situations. Marine band radios or cell phones may be used in case of emergency situations only. It will be illegal for participants to use binoculars or cameras with telephoto lenses.<P> <P>Any infractions of tournament rules may result in disqualification; tournament officials will make all decisions.<P> <P>9. SCORING: Prizes will be based on the total weight (pounds and ounces) of each of the teams fish. Ties will be broken by the individual weight of the largest fish between the two catches. The next largest fish from each respective catch will determine ties between the largest walleye's. Cash prizes are based on an 80% pay back, if the field of participants is less than 100 boats amounts will be adjusted accordingly. Door prizes will also be awarded to participants not placing in the top eight or largest walleye.<P> <P> Prizes will be as follows:<P> 1st place $ 1600<P> 2nd place $ 1400<P> 3rd place $ 1200<P> 4th place $ 1000<P> 5th place $ 800<P> 6th place $ 600<P> 7th place $ 400<P> 8th place $ 200<P> 9th place $ 100<P> 10th place $ 100<P> 11th place $ 100<P> 12th place $ 100<P>Largest walleye $ 200<P> <P>10. SAFETY: All Minnesota fishing and boating regulations must be observed by tournament teams. In case of inclement weather the tournament will be moved to Sunday, July 11th. Should the weather continue to be uncooperative the event will be canceled. Entry fees would be refunded in their entirety.<P> <P>11. AWARDS: Prize money is based on 100 teams. Payout will be adjusted accordingly depending on the number of teams entered. This event offers (80% payout). Awards will be presented at the city docks following the official weigh in.<P> <P>12. All teams must check in upon completion of tourney.<P> <P> <P> <P>13. THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES. OR WEIGH-IN PERSONNEL, WILL BE FINAL.<P> <P>14. NEITHER STREIFF SPORTING GOODS NOR ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH STREIFF SPORTING GOODS SHALL BE HELD RESONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENT OR INJURY TO PARTICIPANT OR THEIR EQUIPMENT<P> <P>15. A BOAT IDENTIFICATION WILL BE ISSUED AT THE BOAT DOCK AND WILL BE DISPLAYED OR CONTESTANT WILL BE DISQUALIHED.<P> <P>................................................................................................<P> <P>· We will have check boats on the lake. They will be measuring the fish you have<P> in possession at that time.<P> <P>· Public has first use of docks for loading and unloading. Please be respectful of<P>that.<P> <P>Life jackets must be worn when traveling to and from fishing areas. <BR> <P>Tournament starting: We will be starting the boats from the city dock area. We <BR>will be doing this by flights. You will be responsible to present your boat number at the time your flight is to depart. It is mandatory that you that you depart in numeric sequence within your flight. You are responsible to line yourself up while you are waiting for your scheduled departure time. If you are not in sequence within your flight, you will be asked to move to the end of the flight. If you miss your scheduled time, you will leave at the end of the last flight.<P> <P>· Tournament check in: We will have a tournament official on the docks at the check in times. It is your responsibility to report in to that person on time. There will be no exceptions. When you pull up to the end of the dock on your return you should have one person with the fish in a bag and your team number ready to present. The tournament official will confirm your arrival and then the person with the team number and the fish are to report directly to the weigh in station. Do not put the team identification block in the bag with the fish. Once you have dropped off your partner, move your boat away from the dock until your trailer is in the water and ready to be loaded.<P> <P>· It is mandatory that all teams "check in" at the end of the tournament. Even if you don't have any fish to weigh ....You must check in with the tournament officials.<P> <P><BR>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON<p>[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06-30-2004).]

Hey Jon, if I was'nt already fishing it I'd certainly jump in your boat and do it, you know your $#*!. Whats up with WalleyeChar? A lady in the boat is good luck!!!<P>Iffin you can't round up someone local you could advertise here for a partner.....You have a nice boat and a wealth of LOTW expierience. I'm sure there are fishing folks here that would gladly do her up with you.<P>One of these days soon we'll have to fish together!!! I'll be on the pond on Saturday, give a hollar on 6 if your out there too. Roseau river is finally falling out of the fields and I've been thinking of Catfish!<P>Regards....fiskyknut

walleyejon, If you are still looking for a partner for the 10th, I'm interested. Email me at:[email protected] or call me at 218-386-4569 aka:Keith<P>------------------<BR>YOU CAN'T [PoorWordUsage] AN OLD [PoorWordUsage]'ER!

Hey Kieth I was late getting back from Cabelas tonite {8:30!} and I musta missed that phone call. I'm gonna pass your # via email to Josh to give to John.....I'm gonna be on the lake tomorrow so I'll ring you again tomorrow PM, kinda late now, not sure if you're still up!!! Hang in there.<P>Fisky

Dirtball, <BR>Thanks for the offer, I have already committed to another person. I was in contact with Fisky, and he may have someone for you to hook up with. Fisky and I will probably be out this coming Sunday afternoon, and/or Monday, maybe we can meet up with you then, catch a few fish, and trade a few stories. Let me know. <P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

fiskynut, Thank you very much for your extraordinary efforts in trying to help me find a partner for Strieff's tournament on the 10th.Alas, it was not to be. I'll keep trying though. For the bread you cast on the water in my behalf, I'm sure you will finish in the money. Warmest regards, 1DIRTBALL aka:Keith<P>------------------<BR>YOU CAN'T [PoorWordUsage] AN OLD [PoorWordUsage]'ER!