• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM get together was lots of windy fun!!!!

Of course the wind blew and and temps were<BR>cool but spirits were high on Saturday at<BR>the second annual FM Lake of the Woods get<BR>together out of Warroad.<P>WSW winds blow right off shore and that was<BR>why we could fish at all. The fishing was<BR>not easy but there were no quitters and we<BR>wound up with enough fish to feed the 25 <BR>FMers and friends with all they could eat.<P>The real highlight was getting a chance to<BR>meet some of the people we communicate with<BR>on this website in person and get to know<BR>them. <P>I took some pics but not with a digital <BR>camera. There was some video shot and that<BR>will be ready to view before long right here<BR>on FM.<P>Rick Paquin (owner of FishingMinnesota.com)<BR>was there, he was my boat partner for 2 days.<BR>It was great to meet Rick and very interesting to hear what he has planned for<BR>our favorite fishing website.<P>Jeff Beckwith from Scenic Tackle showed up<BR>with his new Pro Series Jigs for hardcore<BR>fishers and gave out some samples for us to<BR>try. Tough stuff, great quality and super<BR>sharp COLORED hooks. Jeff and his son Kyle<BR>were cooking fish and french fries over the<BR>propane fish cookers and ohhhhhh boy it was<BR>good. Jeff also shared some info with us<BR>about what to expect from scenic tackle in<BR>the near future.<P>I want to thank Jon and Brian for bringing<BR>prizes to give away. Some real nice shirts,<BR>hats, can coolers and a Jacket.Thanks again<BR>fellas. They both work at Central Boiler<BR>and there were questions from the group about<BR>several of the products that are produced <BR>by Central Boiler and how they work. Interesting stuff.<P>The Old Guide (Pat Fischer) talked for a<BR>little while about charter fishing and<BR>the opportunities that opens up for groups<BR>of 4 or 5 that need a bigger boat to spend<BR>the day fishing together. My brothers<BR>Matt and Steve and Steves fiance Kris were<BR>out with Pat in that wind all day and brought<BR>in valuable get together fillets.<P>Wallydiver, Icehook, Burly, Drewski, and<BR>Scarface spent the day on the water with<BR>the group. A really good bunch of guys. <BR>It was nice to meet Walleye Char<BR>and FiskyKnut was around all day so that <BR>made things even better. Phil Zimple also<BR>showed up and helped catch fish for supper.<P>Finally, what a great facility Warroad has<BR>in their campgrounds. The boat landing is<BR>right there, fish cleaning house, and 2<BR>covered areas for preparing and eating <BR>fish feasts. Thanks to Jane from the<BR>Warroad C of C.<P>Help me out here if I have forgotten someone<BR>or something.<P>Lots of fun, dont miss these things!<P><BR>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio<P>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 06-20-2004).]<p>[This message has been edited by curt quesnell (edited 06-20-2004).]

Yup, That was a good time. The best part (other than the fishing) was putting faces to names. Thank you to Jeff for doing all the great cooking and for the jigs. And thanks to Central Boiler for the prizes. Walleyejon - I'll probably be swinging by tomorrow for a bigger size.<BR>Can't forget to thank you, Curt. You did a great job getting this organized. Also Rick for the website.<P>I think an early ice get together would be pretty fun too.

Hey all: Sorry I couldn't be there, but I was thinking of all the fun you were having. Yes, Jeff's private fish dip is really somrthing else, I had some last year. I really wish I could of been with your guys, but next time I will for sure. Glad again it was a smashing success!!! Curt Q is the MAN to make these get togethers work....Kaz

Kaz, missed you and Harry and the other fellows from your area. Sorry to hear about your dad. Curt pretty much summed it up. He didn't mention the huge sturgeon that was caught by one of the members (sorry I can't rem. your handle!) we'll all be waiting for the pics. See you on the pond. Pat<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

I gotta say, as far as days on the water go, Saturday was one of the better ones. Not because our arms got sore catching fish, but because of the chance to meet a number of you. For those who didn't make it, we are already talking about choosing a date much further in advance next time, so more people can fit it in their schedule. I don't have any doubt that many of the FM crew will turn out to be lifelong friends. I've already found myself telling people at work this morning that they have to check out this site. Special thanks to Rick for taking the time to drive up here and join us. I'll have those sturgeon pics, and a bunch from the get together for you soon. Pat and Jeff, we really appreciate you cleaning the fish and cooking an awesome meal. And my hat's off to Curt for his hard work organizing everything. Everyone should thank Phil for tying the spinners that caught all the fish. I'ld be happy to fish with any of you whenever time permits. Just post a note here, and we'll git-'er-done.<P>Wallydiver--I checked on that jacket, and we don't have anything bigger right now. I'm not sure if, or when more will be getting here. I'll post a note when I know more about it.<P>------------------<BR>Fish on gotta go--JON

I would also like to thank Curt for setting this up. He is one heck of a host and did a great job making this come together. Thank you Curt! Also another thank you to Central Boiler who donated the give away prizes in the drawing. <P>Rick, it was good to see you up there and thanks for a great web-site making things like this come together. <P>It was great seeing people that I knew and meeting others thus putting more names and faces together. The wind could have been a bit calmer but we still were able to fish, had a lot of fun and we ate well. Nothing like that taste of fresh walleye going right from the lake to the pan. Top that off with old fashioned fries and some salads...yumm. <BR> <BR>Kyle spent most of Sunday out in the yard casting his catch of the day...his new bait-caster rod and reel that he actually caught while fishing. He says the fishing was tough but the rods sure bit well. Only he could come up with that one! <P>Forget this working for the week and talking about this. Let’s just go back and stay up there !! Hmmm I wonder how long man can live on fresh fish and fries. May have to test that some time!<P>Kaz we missed you on this one but look forward to seeing you at the next one. I will even fry fish for ya.<P>Jeff<BR>Scenic Tackle<BR>[email protected]<BR>

Good to see you guys had a great time. My wife and I were planning on joining you this year, but our son in Tempe AZ flew into the Cities for meetings on Wed., so we went down and spent Thurs & Fri evenings and Sat morning with him. Maybe next year.<P>Thanks for the good and interesting reports.<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Kingfisher (edited 06-21-2004).]

Yepper it was a blast at the get together. Great to meet Jon and the Central guys, and everyone else too!!! Fish and fixins were awesome. Both of those coatings were superb! The wind and the weather could have been more user friendly but at least it did'nt rain! Probably alot of windburned faces!<P>Let's do it again soon!<P>Thanks to all....fiskyknut

Yes it was a great time. Big Easy and myself fished around the south end for a while with only a couple of perch to show for our effort. Then we headed north for a try; we drifted around for a while and still no fish. Then our luck changed. We were drifting with a drift sock and Fiskyknut came and drifted by us. As soon as he got near we started getting some bites and catching fish. I think he has a trained school of fish that follow him around!! That’s how he gets all those fish; he has them trained to follow him around!!!<P>Yes, it was fun seeing everyone and meeting some new people. I wish I could have stuck around for the fish fry, it sounds like I really missed out. I can’t wait for the next outing, I think we should meet somewhere for breakfast before the fishing, that would be a good start for the day. <P>One bit of sad news, on Sunday in the golf scramble in Roseau I chatted with Widetrack and neither of us won the million-dollar hole in one prize. <BR>

Hey Scarface, I probably should have trained them to bite and not just follow! My mesmorizing powers over those rascals is still in the works of being perfected!<P>Fisky