Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
g man46

Resorts anywhere near Falcon island

g man46

I am trying to plan a trip for next year for our group of guys and need help. At first I thought we would go on a fly in, but after missing our annual LOTW trip this year with a different group of guys and hearing the stories again, and hearing Big G-in the Canada forum talk about leaving the fly-in for LOTW I decided were going to LOTW and that's final. <BR>The help I need is that I have always stayed at Oak Island Resort, but they are full at the time I want to go (Early-Mid June). Does anyone know of any resorts I can contact near the Oak Island/Falcon Island vicinity? I have contacted Bonnie Brae, Oak Island, Bay Store, and Sunset. <BR>Thanks in advance for any help,<BR>Greg

Wave Runner

Flag Island Resort isn't too far away.

Kaz

Go to the resort locater on this site. There are several at the Angle, some on the river at American Point. If one is full, ask for the phone numbers of the others. A couple are on the Canadian side and up at Mounment Bay. Ask one of the resorts for help in getting a resveration, they'll all want to help each other fill up....Kaz

shmick__shmacky

Greg, shoot me an email at jacobmertens@hotmail.com<BR> <BR>I might have a place for your group.<P>Thanks<P>------------------<BR>Where's my crew??

Check out "Anlge Outpost" on the web. We are staying there this upcoming week. Call them and see what they have open. There are tons of places and if a lodge is booked up, ask them for other references. I would think that they would know and be willing to share info.<P>Yep, LOTW is the place to go. Nope, not quite as many fish as a fly-in, but the quality supercedes. Bigger walleyes, bigger pike, and of course the option for muskies (are there any other fish??? grin.gif )<P>Just for point of fact, last year we stayed at Wiley Point lodge. Out of our group, 2 pike were caught just in the bay by the lodge. The first one was 41". The other was just a bit over 40". The 41" fish was caught off some weeds, just a 100 feet from the dock.........<P>Another point of fact. We were walleye fishing a reef of 20 to 30 feet. Banging walleyes fast and furious. We were on them. Lots of fish.........about 1 every 5 minutes. Well, my buddy gets a bite, and sets the hook. Normal hook set and fish weight at the end of the line. Within 1 second of the hook set, the line gets VERY HEAVY. Long story short.........After several minutes of battling this heavy fish off the bottom of the reef, it finaly surfaces. It is a 50+" musky. The net wasn't big enough to boat it. After several more minutes, it surfaces again, and spits out a 14" walleye. My buddy caught the walleye and the musky inhaled the walleye immediately. That musky was on the surface 3 times by the boat (to green to hand grab) and its mouth was completely shut. We never had a clue that the walleye was in there, until she spit it out......<P>Heard about it and seen it on TV. But I never seen this live. It was cool!!!!<P>By the way, last year a buddy in another boat in our party boated a 55" musky. All in all, out of 6 guys we boated about 30 muskies last year on our trip!!!<P>------------------<BR>Let 'em go so they can grow!!!