Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Uramusky

LOTW Muskies spots revealed

Uramusky

I will be heading to LOTW with my Grandpa on June 26th -July 1st and I need some sure Fire spots to at least try to produce some nice skies. I do not get up to LOTW often but I should would appreciate a couple of positive places. We will be staying near Morson. I have a good map and lots of baits and colors. ANything is greatly taken to heart and will try to do our best. <P>Thanks Damon in middle MN<P>------------------<BR>

Too tough to tell you spots without you and I looking at a map.<P>But the best bit of advice I can give you for "free" is to.......<P>Look for rock points that shoot into deep water. Big fish like access to deep water. They will hang out off these points that go into water in 3 to 10 feet. This is the tea stained portion of the lake. You can find plenty of the deep water juting points in the Big Narrows region of the pond. jerk-baits and bucktails are your ticket. Red/black jerk-baits and bucktails. Also don't be afraid of the classic red/white bucktail.<P>Make sure you fish saddles too. The fish love to hang out in these for "staging" spots to hit food. <P>Saddles and points that have "access" to deep water should be your focus this time of the year.<P>Stay away from bays.<P>Focus on your deep water access areas and you will find your bigger fish there.

widetrack

I'd agree with most of this, but sand bays with good cabbage growth (west, and south facing typically) are places that shouldn't be ignored. Throw spinner baits right up in the cabbage, and you will get bit.

shmick__shmacky

Widetrack, are you going up this weekend?<P>The father in law and the brother in laws are up for the weekend also! <P>Feel free to stop by.<P><BR>------------------<BR>Where's my crew??<p>[This message has been edited by shmick__shmacky (edited 06-16-2004).]

My mistake Widetrack.....<P>I misread the dates. I thought he said July 26th.<P>Yes!!! Fish West facing sandy bays with cabbage. I would probably fish that a little more than rock points leading to deep water.<P>I'm heading up this Friday to the Angle for a week. Schmick.........you said you are heading up too, right?<P>Good luck to you guys and call "Big G" on channel "69" if you are up in the area from June 19th to the 25th..... It would be good to have a beverage with a fellow FM'er

widetrack

I'm not sure when exactly I'm going to make it to the Angle. My schedule is really messed up. It won't be this weekend though.

Hoffer

Monument Bay has been showing some good signs of Muskie lately - we were up in the back bay of "No good Lake" on the North end of Monument Bay. We were fishing for walleyes and we drifted over to some of the shallower water with some cabbage - so I put on a Husky jerk and started to cast a few times to see if I could pick up a Northern. I caught some weeds and was reeling up fast when a nice Muskie totally cleared the water after my lure - at bare minimum a 48. Some of the other guys at the resort up there also reported seeing some nice fish. This weekend I imagine it will be very busy though - as the resort owner said they were booked this weekend with all Muskie hunters.