Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
PASSIONFORTHEEYES

Weekend Reports

PASSIONFORTHEEYES

Headed up next weekend, Help needed!!!

fiskyknut

Fished the west side Friday and Saturday, certainly not fast and furious but fishing was pretty darn good.....Finally!!! Water temps ranged about 61 to 64. Had to do some searching and work the spot just right but we found nice fish at a couple of different locations away from the big packs. About a 1/3 of our fish were over the 19.5 mark. We used a non traditional type of spinner rig and I think this was key as the other boats that flocked in on us were'nt getting them near as well as these things did. Fish bit Crawlers and Leeches about equal, minnows picked up a few as well.<P>Saturday afternoon around 4ish saw a nice storm cell bombard the south shore with rain and hail. The radio chatter made it sound like it was miserable for some of the brave folks that dared stay out while this passed!<P>Spoke with friends that fished shallow water near Twin on Friday and they did pretty well. Other folks I spoke with did well near Willow creek on Friday afternoon.<P>Water has warmed up nicely now so the fishing should be pretty good for a few weeks yet in the shallows.<P>fiskyknut<P>

Kingfisher

Thanks Fisky for the good report, as soon as the weather permits we will be up there.

Fish Head

I was up Wed-Sat out of Wheelers point area. Fishing was a little slow, but we did better than most. We caught fish anywhere from 7 feet to 26 feet, but most were 13-17 Minnows were the best bait. The bite was very light. The key was S L O W!! Dead stopped vertical jigging landed me a 27" eye on Saturday. <P>Good Luck

Kingfisher

Two of us fished Buffalo yesterday, it was a little slow for me, my partner using a copper spinner and night crawler, out- fished me 3 to 1. I was using hammered gold and chartreuse spinners and crawlers. We kept 11 eaters. Water temp yesterday was 59-60 degrees with a good old east wind. A fun day on the "Pond".

PASSIONFORTHEEYES

Fished Sat & Sunday out of Morris Point.<BR>Not much action, most fish being caught on minnows at the Field. Caught a couple on crawlers, Water temp about 59 Degrees.<BR>