Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Kingfisher

What happened to the FISHING reports?

Kingfisher

Would like to see some fishing reports for LOW, good-poor or anywhere in between.<BR>Fisky; looks like the fish had you hooked at an early age. Same with me.

curt quesnell

Kingfisher,<P>As soon as the weather straightens out<BR>fishing should take off everywhere. It<BR>has been real rainy and real windy and<BR>real cold since the opener. The fish <BR>need a couple of days to reconoider and<BR>they will begin to bite.<P>Late last week there was a good report<BR>or two from South Bufflo to Elm (there<BR>were many bad reports from the same area).<P>Zipple Bay has had pretty good fishing<BR>for those anchoring up near the green <BR>bouy right out of the jetty. Easy to get<BR>to and biting fish, sounds perfect. Over<BR>the weekend the bite improved while the<BR>weather worsened and those drifting with<BR>spinners caught some fish.<P>Morris Gap and Lighthouse Gap are good then<BR>bad. The wind has made it difficult to <BR>even be out there.<P>I have no idea how Long Point or Arnesons<BR>has been. Not many people fishing in the<BR>crappy weather.<P>The forcast for this week is sun and a little<BR>warmer. Could be a good weekend on LOW<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

Kingfisher

Thanks Curt, we are having the same problems in the small lakes around here. We were told two weeks ago at a local bait shop to fish deep 20-30' because the shiner minnows had not started running yet. We tried two good walleye lakes that day and got skunked. Some of the guys living on these lakes have not done anything yet either. Looks like we need some warm steady weather to get'em going.

srj

Kingfisher, I agree--not many reports. Mine is a bit tardy but it was unavoidable. Fished last Friday mostly in the Morris Pt area. There was a fair sized pack of boats working the washout-we made one drift thru from 9 to 21 feet and saw one small fish caught. Changed to bouncers with spinner rigs and caught some decent fish. They were scattered and quite deep, but the action was decent. There was hardly any radio traffic--mostly charters changing spots and comparing notes. Mostly poor, at that. The water temp was 49 Friday morning. Sure been a strange year. There appeared to be a sizable bunch of boats in front of Lighthouse gap but quite a few boats came to the Morris Pt area from that direction.<BR>Good luck to all.

Paully

Fished for about 4 hours on Friday afternoon/evening and 3 hours on Saturday morning in the Warroad area. 2 boats caught 3 walleyes (1-25", 1-16" and 1-12") also a handful of perch. Never saw a net wave from any of the other 2 or 3 dozen boats near the Warroad blinker. Tried Elm for about an hour on Friday evening and never had a bite. Too windy to fish the rest of the weekend. Sounds like things have been really poor in the Warroad area since opener.

Old Snags

Hey Curt hope your forecast is right for this weekend. Heading up saturday to fish until wednesday from Iowa so I hope the weather cooperates. Down here we been getting hammered with a lot of rain. About 9" the last two weeks. Looking forward to getting back up to LOW again. We proabaly be fishing around morris & lighthouse gap mostly. Please keep the reports coming the rest of the week so I have something to look forward too.

fiskyknut

Kingfisher, I had an abbreviated report from fri and sat on that post by 'the kidd'. Anyways fished for a bit on friday over near Pine and did suprizingly well, 3 of us got limits. I said suprizingly cause the bite so far this year has been pretty slow! Saturday spent about 2.5 hours rocking and rolling in the boat north of Springsteel....3 smallish walters.<P>One of these days they will be a turning on in a grand way!<P>fiskyknut

Paully, as wise man once told you to head north to the promise land (water)... too bad the fishing wasn't better. Later.

AaronM

I did a little river fishing today instead of the big pond, and had a lot of action. I went with a husky jerk, ended up boating five 20"-30" northerns and 1 being over 30", did a little slip bobbering after that catching numerous perch and rockbass. Not a bad 2 1/2 hours of fishing. I also caught a few bullheads after dark, anyone know if those guys running in full steam yet? It would be fun to target those for a change.