Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
White-tips

Muskies out of Arnesen's

White-tips

You have to get to the north side of the lake to get in on muskie action. Sorry.

The Kidd

Am headed to Arnesens 1st w/end in June and was wondering if anyone had fished for muskies in this area. Any tips, and/or suggestions as to where to fish ? I have never been in the area and didn't know if this was a productive area for muskies ???<BR>Any help would be great- thanks

The Kidd

Thanks... thats the same answer I got over on the Musky forum. How about big pike, and would I use the same big baits/tactics as musky fishing?

fiskyknut

Hanson....Whoppin big east wind today, I'll wait till Thursday or Friday. I did get out for a bit on Friday over near Morris and it was'nt bad at all. Saturday on the westend was slow, and rough, fished 2 hours and caught 3!!!<P>Kidd....Hansons location advice is good, lots of Pike in Muskeg bay. June still finds them bigger ones shallow for the most part. They have also recovered from the spawn and are chasing bait/lures and are beefing up nice. Longlining along the Southshore of Muskeg works good, also try up around Elm. That 'young fisky' post has a picture of a 45"+ Pike I caught longlining near springsteel on June 6 a couple years back. Both Gull Rock Reef and 5mile reef can put out some big ones as well.<P>Seek them and you should find them.<P>fiskyknut

fiskyknut

Whoops forgot....You could head for the angle area and try for musky. Your better areas are in Ontario waters, but there are musky caught on occasion around Flag, Oak, and Brush islands. Catching a Musky on the south side of the lake is a pretty unusual and lucky feat, but they do get caught every now and then here and there.<P>Good luck....Fisky

The Kidd

Thanks for your help guys... I'll give those spots a try!

hanson

The Kidd,<P>I'm mostly a winter Pike fisherman up in this neck of the woods but Lake of the Woods has some giants. Lots of 40" + fish. I'm thinking some of the Pikier areas would be to the west of Arneson's- Swift Ditch area, Warroad river towards Springsteel Island. Zippel Bay to the east would be pretty good. These areas are pretty productive around the spawning season and I'm not quite sure where the Pike go post spawn. Buffalo Bay on the Canadian side holds some big ones also.<P>Fisky must be out in the boat this weekend. He would be the Pike expert around here.

Uramusky

I am looking for some good musky spots on LOTW for late june I'm staying at Red Wing Lodge and want to get on some great areas right away so I do not waste my time. I do not get up to this part of God's country to much, but love Musky fishing. Thank you in advance. Any specific advice I would take to my grave ha ha. <P><BR>Uramusky