• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who Has Trips Planned to Morson This Summer??

I know a few Eastwind and a few others will be there , but I'm just curious to see how many other people will be up there and when, and what they plan to fish for? Also curious to see what everyone is fishing for. Myself, I'll be fishing shallow crappies, and a few walleyes in June and a few walleyes. Then in July Muskies, Smallies, and Crappies. I hit it one more time in October for walleyes and crappies. What's everyone else doing this season?

I'll be up there Saturday morning (May 29) through Saturday (June 5). I'll be fishing out of Hansons Bay. Plan to concentrate on wallys, but also spending some time for crappies, smallies and northerns.<P>Usually get up there 4 - 5 times a year for open water. I should get up there again in July, August and October (wallys and blue bills).<P>- Good fishing

Every other weekend starting tomorrow until freez-up. Then probably once a month throughout the winter. Usually fish for whatever wants to bite the end of my line.<BR>Usually fish west of morson and north to Miles bay. Muskies east sometimes and bottle bass on the deck.

I get up there a few times each year. Walleyes, smallies, and sklunges in July is my favorite trip. Obabokin, Miles, and West towards Little Traverse- we cover a lot of ground.<BR>I'm curious- where are you chasing crappies in July up there?<BR>This year we'll be camping on an island for four nights- yeeehhaaa!!!!<P>------------------<BR>Scoot<P>RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Will be up at BVR 06/04- 06/08 fishing mainly for walleyes, during the same time last year got bit off a lot fishing leeches. Had plans to get back after the musky opener to see what that was but never maid it back. Fish mainly in Miles and by Rabbit with good luck on the walleyes.

Will be up in early Aug. for 10 days and back in mid-Oct for 10 days. Walleyes in Miles and west to Little Traverse, muskies in Miles, Painted Rock and Dawson, and crappies in Obabikon.

Scoot,<BR>Locals have been planting beds there for years. That's mainly what I fish. When you fish there in the fall you may have snagged a few of them. Give it a try. Another thing is to fish deep docks in high percentage areas. Works for me, but I still have hit and miss days in the spring. Spawning crappies are the hardest thing for me to find every year.

I am heading up Saturday morning, the 29th. Will be fishing out of Red Wing Resort for whatever bites. Have had good luck in the past with walleye, northern, and smallies.

Just got back today from Morson. Great weather, fishing just okay. Caught most of the Eyes in 25' to 30' of water. Going up again in July for a week, in August for four days and in October for four days. <P>Hey RCKWLL! Fished off the island that the resort you stay at is on this weekend. When in August will you be up? I will be there the 12th thru 16th.

Hey Eastwind! We'll be up from July 30 - Aug. 8 and Oct. 8 - 17. When will you be up in Oct?

Rckwll,<P>We'll be driving up Friday October 8th and heading home on Tuesday the 12th. Might see you on the water again. We may have to talk about some August spots this Summer. I will be heading up in August for the first time ever this year. My email is<BR><[email protected]>. Let me know if you have any pointers for August for me. I will fill you in on where we did well last October.

Just got back from Morson yesterday. I've been there about twenty times the last 6 years. We caught 60 walleyes in two days fishing (3 guys). Morning wasn't good but from 5-9pm was actually good. Caught the majority of the fish in 20-23' very few in the normal 12-15 range. Many 12-13 inchers, other guys did worse than us but the one thing everyone agreed on was the afternoon-evening bite being far better than morning. Water temp was below 55 degrees everywhere we were. Fished Rabbit Island alot in the wind. Our regular spots weren't too productive so we dragged spinners til we found fish and then just hung in those spots. If we didn't find those two spots we wouldn't have done too well.

Six of us are looking forward to our first houseboat trip the week of 6/27. We'll be leaving out of Morson/Hanson Bay, I believe.<P>We'll be going after smallies and eyes mostly with some time spent on muskies.<P>That time of year should we focus more in the Raspberry Island and Miles Bay areas or head more east into Sabaskong?<P>Also, just to get an idea of how big the lake is, how long would it take to go from Hanson Bay to Garden Island which is in the heart of Miles Bay? Let's say you have a 70hp.<P>Thanks for all info.<P>DB

Doonbuggy, You'll have enough time to try Sabaskong, Miles Bay and a couple other areas. You can make it from Hanson Bay to Garden Island in about 20 minutes or so if you know the route. Watch for rocks, they're everywhere.

Doonbuggy, I assume you've never been there. It's a maze of Islands. I've been there many times and if I get off of one of my main routes I can get turn around easily, especially if rough waters make keeping your bearings hard. I'd pick an area and work it. Make the Lake into a small lake. I would say if you have any adventorous spirit Raspberry is way to close to Hanson Bay for you guys. It's only about a three minute boat ride a way from Hanson Bay (going lets say 40mph). You can catch smallies pitching jigs into almost every island you'll see. You'll pick up walleyes accidently and maybe more. It's beutiful country and have fun.

I have a cabin on LOTW in the Morson area and have made 15-20 trips a year for the last 5 years. In June I chase Muskies, Walleyes and Smallies. In July, Muskies, Walleyes Smallies and Lakers. In August and September it's mainly Lakers. Towards the end of September the Crappies really start to go. October til freeze-up is my favorite time of the year. Huge Muskies, Big Walleyes and Northerns, schooling Slab Crappies and the Heavy Weight Champ of all fish species that swim in the LOTW system.....Sturgeon on the Rainy.<BR> P.S. Theres some talk about fishing the Canadian side of LOTW on the CANADA Forum of this website.<BR> Good Fish'in, Wizard

Doonbuggy,<BR>If your going through Morson Houseboat rentals Big Browns), they will be more than happy to get you to where you need to go. If it is the outfit across the bay they will more than likely do the same, I'm just not sure. I think the way they look at it is , they would rather show you how to get there rather than have you hit something. I should be up there about then. We may run across each other.

Just got back tonight from Morson. Alot of wind and miscellaneous rain made fishing tough. Caught a few Walleyes and Saugers near and in Miles Bay but overall, we've had much better trips. Hope to get back soon, it's such a great area!<P>jig-em

We will be heading out that way from Calif on July 3. We got a houseboat for a week up at Miles Bay. Any ideas ? What can we expect ? All species.

Planning trip June 26th -July 1st. What should I look for for muskies at this time of the year, will they have recovered from spawning yet and possibly be on the bite? What is water temp like and will smaller baits work better. What do these LOTW muskies like. <P>Thank you in advance<P>Damon from Middle MN<P>------------------<BR>