• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Angle Inlet

I have never been up to Angle during the spring, but I have a trip over memorial weekend. With the water level high are there going to be a lot of walleyes in the inlet? Will the water temperature be warmed up enough to make them aggressive?

Dave: I've fished the river on several occasions and have always had good fishing. There are several wild rice beds which generally hold fish around the edges, stay out od the beds themselves. The one opposite Jake's and the little creek used to be good. There is a lot of productive water in that area all the way down to American Point. Just be sure to stay on the US side, unless you have a Canadian licence....Kaz

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a near terrible weekend. 12 hours in the car ride to lake of the woods, 11 hours on the ride home. We fished a total of about 5 hours on our three and a half day trip. The weather was miserable. We did manage to catch a 4.5 lb walleye and a few under the 20" mark in the limited time we had out there. I'm sure as soon as the weather turns around up there the walleyes are really going to start bitting.

Dave-<P>Sorry your trip wasnt great - If it is any consolation I havent heard any real great reports from ANYWHERE with this crazy weather pattern. we are going up through the angle inlet and staying up by Monument Bay starting June 10th. Did you make it up to Monument Bay area when you were there??? I will report back on our trip when we get back.