Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bturck

marine radio

bturck

Hey fellas I need a little advice. I just purchased a boat after 15 years without my own and would like to put in a Marine Radio. Looking for suggestions from those of you that have them. Also any input on the portable hand helds. I have been looking at the Uniden Hand Held. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Bill

Eastwind

I have a Ratheon and my friend has a Shakespear radio. We both paid under $200.00 for the radio plus $20.00 to $30.00 for the 8' fiberglass antenna. Both of us are happy with our radios. A weather band monitor feature is a nice feature to help you keep an eye on the weather. Another friend has a hand held and likes it but cannot get near the range that we get with our dash mounted models. Marine radios are line of sight so the higher your antenna is the farther you can broadcast and receive.

jclymer

I also would back the Raytheon dash mount. Suppose to have great range with a 8' antena. Thorne Brothers in Minneapolis will give you a great deal on the radio if you contact them. Handhelds do not have near the range of a dashmount!

Freewheeler

Bill,<BR>You might want to keep in mind the portability factor. As much Ice Fishing as you do you could still use it in the winter to keep in touch. Permanent mount with a tall ant would be the way to go for your boat but won't do you much good come January Ice Fishing.[yes there is even some chatter in the winter]

Kingfisher

Bill, Congratulations on your new boat purchase. If you bought a tiller don't make the mistake we made by installing the antenna in the front of the boat. Most tillers I see out on LOW have their antenna mounted on the starboard side near the rear of the boat, which would be more out of the way. Good luck with you boat and good fishing.

Slugo

Get the metal antenna mount. I got talked into the polly one and had to replace it in less that one season.

bturck

Thanks guys for all the information. My boat is a single console model. Rigged a few personal goodies last night, so today a trip to the water. The next step is the marine radio and then life will be Really good. Good luck to all and hang on. Bill