Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CatManLee

Four Mile Bay or Rainy for Sturgeon????

CatManLee

I'm planning a trip to fish the mighty Sturgeon this weekend 5/1-5/2. Just wondering<BR>where a guy should go?<P>Any Up-To-Date reports on the Sturgeon bite? Would I be better off fishing somewhere up the Rainy or sitting by the weed beds in four mile bay?<P>Any Help would be GREAT! Thanks...<BR><P>------------------<BR>CatMan

Wiskers

Opps did not see this post in time.. sorry.. I just came back from 4 mile bay fishing the channel for Sturg's.. Did pretty well.. even in the 30mph winds.. <P>Hope you did well...<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> wiskers@gra.midco.net<P>218-280-0442

curt quesnell

Its has been a couple of very interesting<BR>weekends. <P>Last Sunday CatManLee took me over to the Red River for big catfish and we had a great day catching some BIG Cats (20 pounds<BR>the biggest)<P>Yesterday (Saturday) we went to catch some<BR>dinosaurs in the Rainy River and the Lighthouse Gap. We sat out in the pack<BR>by bouy no 10 for a few hours and saw several<BR>fish caught, the biggest was just over 59<BR>inches. <P>We couldnt pull any there so we moved out to<BR>the gap and things improved. We only landed<BR>a couple but they were 36 and 51 inches<BR>(the 51 incher was 22.5 pounds) We had a few others going and some broken lines on hook sets so overall the day was good.<P>I have lived near the Red River for 25 years<BR>and have never hit the cats over there.<BR>I have fished LOW for 25 years and have never<BR>caught Sturgeon on purpose. <P>I used to take this time between Walleye<BR>seasons off from fishing but now that I have<BR>seen these new opportunities for giant fish<BR>close by and easy to catch I will chase<BR>them again. It was big fun! and we hit the weather good both trips. <P>Good fishing everyone!<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

fiskyknut

Curt, so did you get to see whiskers whippin around in that hotrod jetboat of his then?<P>You also have the Pike bite you gotta get in on this time of year too! So many fish and so little time eh!!!<P>fiskyknut

Scarface

Curt!!!<BR>Wasn't that a huge fish?? If it is the same one, I watched the fisheries boat release it right next to us yesterday morning. They said 59-1/2". That was the biggest fish I have ever seen. Everyone in by boat held their fishing rods just a little tighter after seeing that one. What do ya think it would have weighed?

curt quesnell

Hi Scarface.<P>I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. I was in<BR>the Alumicraft right next to the boat with<BR>the whopper.<P>It was fun to watch the DNR boats scootin<BR>around collecting fish. We were calling<BR>them the Pelicans because they hovered around<BR>waiting to swoop in and get a free fish.<P>I dont know what the brute would have weighed<BR>but it was huge..<P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

ROSEAU_JOE

HEY CURT, THAT WAS MY BOAT NEXT TO #10. WHAT A PIG HUH? WERE YOU THE BOAT JUST DOWNWIND OF US? IT WAS ACTUALLY 59 3/4. I CAN'T BE GIVING AWAY THAT LAST QUARTER INCH NOW. FIRST TIME DOING THIS FOR ALL FOUR OF US. UNFORGETABLE. WE WENT A LITTLE DEEPER LATER IN THE DAY AND CAUGHT QUITE A FEW MORE IN MID 30s - MID 40s. NOTHING SHORT OF AWESOME, TOTALLY HOOKED OM IT NOW. WHAT DO YA SUPPOSE THAT WOULD WEIGH? MUST'VE HAD A 28" GIRTH.

curt quesnell

Fisky,<P>I didn't get to see the jet boat darn!<P>Roseau Joe,<P>You guys handled that fish perfectly it was<BR>fun to watch. I wish I could help you on the<BR>weight, I thought the DNR boat would weigh<BR>the darn thing with all the measurements <BR>they were doing. What information did you<BR>need to put on that card they gave you to<BR>fill out?<P><P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio

ROSEAU_JOE

After talking with Dennis at the fisheries office, he figured it would go 55-60#. Got a couple cool pics. Anyone know how to get them on here?

xmac

Here you go Joe.<BR> Login?locale=en_US&filmId=9329.632.1083631837092.1&event=ViewFilm

xmac

Sorry, here it is.<BR> fish.jpg

Wiskers

Wow that is a beauty..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>can you imaguine catching that on a walleye rod and 8# test.. they would still be out there pulling on it LOL LOL...<P>great fish.. <P>Fish on....................................................<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://wiskersguidingservice.com" TARGET=_blank>Wiskers Guiding Service</A><BR>Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes<BR>Crookston, MN<BR> wiskers@gra.midco.net<P>218-280-0442