• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tillie: You don't need a Marine radio to fish LOTW, but it's very nice to have one. You can listen to the guide boats talk back and forth, as well as many private boats, to see what bait or lures are working the best. If you are fishing with another boat it sure is good to chatter to them too. And for safety sake, you can get a hold of most of the Resorts, or other boats, if you need to. As for cell phones, most will do the job, but you will miss out on part of the fun of being up there. Five watt Hand Helds, about $100, and will work for about four to five miles over water, and are very portable if you want to use it also on the ice in the winter. But if you have a boat of your own, I'd opt for the the 25 watt permenant model. A radio with all of the bells and whistles will run about $150, plus and antenna for another $50. So look around and see what's available at the local sporting goods stores. Don't buy the first one, and maybe make the first trip up and rely on the cell phones. Ask around, here is a good place too, but check out others up there in action. I'm just trying to be objective and for you to look at all of the models and possibilities. I like to use them, wouldn't be with out one, have several, but to each his or her own....Kaz<p>[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 04-06-2004).]

I plan to fish LOW this summer.Do I need a marine radio or will a cell phone do? If a marine is necessary, should it be a handhend or mobile?

Kaz: Welcome back. You must have made the trip alright from Florida. Did you get my email that I sent regarding the property you emailed me about?<P>Also can you tell me where Bostic Creek is at? The map I have does not show it. I went from Wheelers all the way through Zipple, Long Point to Stony Point can't see it. There is a piece on it for sale, just wondering the location. I also ordered the Baudette Region, should start coming next week. Bill

Bill; <BR> Hi ,how's it going, don't mean to butt in , but bostic creek is 3 miles west of <BR> hwy. 172. One more week till we start the trout fishing and get the campers in place at whitewater, always a good place to be. <BR> take care,<BR> Bob

BobD: Things are good thanks, hope the same is true for you. I shed a couple of tears last weekend when I put all the fishing gear away until next ice season. Did some walleye and sauger in the iron skillet on the grille last night, closet thing I could come to for a shore lunch. Sure was good.<P>Regarding Bostic Creek, west of #172??? That would be north of Baudette headed for Wheelers Point going past the airport?? Does it feed back to the Rainy River with eventual access to LOW?<P>Looking for some property and saw something advertised there. Bill

Bill;<BR> 172 is the road from baudette to wheelers point, go west on co. 8 (at the lakeroad lodge). bostic creek enters the lake near morris point. hopes this helps.<BR>Bob, P.S that fish sounds real good about now!!!!<BR>

Thanks, got my directions straight now. Does it feed directly to LOW? Bill

BobD: don't answer my last post, you already did in your last sentence. Yes the fish was reeeally good. Do you have a place up there on LOW? Bill

Bturck, Bostic Creek flows under Hwy 8. Ken-Mar-Kee resort is on the south and Randall and Walleye Retreat is on the north. Cyrus resort is also on Bostic on the north side. It's part of 4-mile bay a short run from the Morris Point gap. I just bought a small cabin on Bostic. Seriously excited about the coming open water season!!!

Steve: Just got off the phone with KAZ (Richard) down in Florida. He said you had purchased a spot on Bostic. Is this the property with the cabin and boat house that was on the Northwest-National Real Estate page? It indicated there was a sale pending. If that is the spot congrats, looks like I need to revert to Plan B or C. Bill

Bill; <BR> No, i don't have property on LOW, I have in laws (out laws) LOL in and near warroad,been hunting deer and fishing up there since 1978 , **** i'm gettin old,,,good luck on your search.Bob

Have some feelers out for the area, plus KAZ was kind enough to give me some info on a possible site for sale. So we'll just bide our time a bit and see what happens. As long as my wife is also on my side I guess we're ok to keep looking. Something will come along. I think we're going to head up maybe mid-June so do some looking around. Might even wet a line<P>My uncle owned a hunting camp near Williams for many years. He had great luck up there with the deer. He died several years ago so it was sold. Bill

Bill, that's the one. Sorry if you were looking at it too. Actually closed a few weeks ago. There had been a place on Birch Beach available not too long ago. I'm heading for Red Wing in a few minutes but I'll try to find any info when I get back if you would like.

Steve: Yes that was the site. Apparently they did not update their web sight as it was still showing on Monday. Yes I would really appreciate it if you could get me that info. Maybe this time I need to work just a bit quicker. Glad you got the spot, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Bill

Bill, I don't have the info anymore--after the Bostic deal closed I tossed stuff. But I'm quite sure the cabin was listed either with Agassiz Realty or USA Realty. I noticed there is 10 acres with 260 of shoreline at Graceton beach currently.<BR>Good luck in your looking. If I hear or see anything I will let you know.

Thanks Steve, appreciate your looking for it. There is a spot out of Williams that looks interesting from NB Realty. I called the broker this morning and may run up on Saturday. If I do I will also contact the other two you mentioned as well. Won't long now and you can get your boat in the water other than the River. Thanks again, Bill