Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
iceboy16

ice conditions for the weekend

iceboy16

im plannin on goin up friday through monday and was curious to see what the ice conditions were gonna be like. We are plannin on driving trucks out there. 4wd! anybody think we will have any problems or anything to worry about let me know!<P>thanks and good luck!

Dr. Bob

What area are you going to fish? It is going to be very sloppy, but hopefully the roads will be open. I do not know if it will be melted down enough to get off the roads or not. I kind of doubt it. I am going to call Jason at Gibbins Ice Fishing this afternoon to get an update. I will give a report after that.

iceboy16

we are plannin on a few different ideas. on the way up we are going to try to hit the perch on round lake, and then may crappies on URL in the evening. on LOW we are mostly planning on the walleyes and saugers but are also planning on taking a day to try for some northern. not really sure of any spots we are gonna try for sure yet! let me know if u go any info! <P>thanks and good luck

Rip_Some_Lip

My buddy called up to Zipple Bay today and they said their road is in good condition. In fact they told him he could drive his van out with the atv on a trailor. I hope it stays that way because were coming up Thurs night till Monday. <p>[This message has been edited by Rip_Some_Lip (edited 03-24-2004).]

Dr. Bob

I spoke with both Adrians and Gibbins today and was told driving would not be a problem this weekend.<P>It will be wet and sloppy though. I would go with a 4 wheel drive if possible.

The Big Gaffer

I went up yesterday and took our house off of LOW (Adrians Road). I didn't go out far but to me the road looked to be in great shape. I would think by tomorrow or Sat. things will be sloppy but passable with a 4 WD. If it rains that snow will be gone in a hurry.

iceboy16

with the warmer weather will we have any chance of gettin off the road a ways in the pickup? we are leavin tomorrow morning and any info anybody has would be great!<P>thanks for the help<BR>good luck!

fiskyknut

Well the snow has been dissappearing quick. Lot's of water out there as of yesterday. I'd say travel is better now than it has been for weeks. We took atv's out Pike fishing yesterday, got around all over no problem. I saw 2 p/u's drive out to Elm from Springsteel, they looked like they made her no problem out and back. Also spoke with a couple of kids in a Chevy on Wednesday, They accessed at Swift ditch and cross coutried it all the way up to where we were near Springsteel!!! They said that there was a few 'bad' spots but they made it through.<P>Bring shovels anyways!<P>Regards....fiskyknut

hanson

Anyone know how the weather is gonna hold up this weekend?? This has been the warmest & nicest week probably since last October. With the luck I've had this winter, I'm expecting the worst now. My parents called from Crookston last night and said 1-2" rain are expected with a flash flood watch out. Hope the weathermen are wrong on that one.<P>Anyway, will be out of Springsteel tomorrow morning- Rain or shine.<P>Be safe everyone, heard a couple vehicles went through on Devils Lake the other day. I know Dakota has been much warmer but you never know.

widetrack

Flash Flood Watch late tonight through Saturday evening... <P><BR>Tonight<BR>Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds 10 to 20 mph. <P>Saturday<BR>A 70 percent chance of thunderstorms...some with heavy rainfall. Highs in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. <P>Saturday Night<BR>Rain showers likely then a chance of rain showers after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of showers 70 percent. <P>

Freewheeler

Iceboy16<BR> Just got back myself from the Lake and didn't have any problems getting around with the wheelers. We were in the wash area and wheelers and 4WD small pickup were getting around no problem.[that I could see] Easy going in the Morning when everythings still crisp, but a few inches of softstuff later on when the sun heats her up. Don't forget your rain gear or you'll be getting a little damp while in transit. Good Luck

dougger222

My father, uncle and myslef were on Zippel on Wednesday with no shirts on, very nice day!<P>We did pretty good in 25 feet off hot shot road. My dad built a 7 foot snow man, it may still be there! Some guys fishing in the resorts houses close by did very lousy. Emerald shiners are a must. <P>We fished the same spot for one full day and the second day until 3pm. We each easily caught 25 fish. Nothing over 1.5 pounds.

davemeyer

historically when is ice off?

curt quesnell

There is usually ice on the lake <BR>when the season closes on April 15th. <BR>Most of the time it is still fishable ice<BR>(lake ice is good, shoreline ice is crappy)<P>Sometimes it is a push to get the ice off<BR>by the opener. By early May the ice is<BR>going pretty fast.<P>Anyone keeping a log?<P><P>------------------<BR>Curt Quesnell<BR>NorthCountry Outdoors Radio