• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whats everyones prediction for the ice this weekend

The Big Gaffer

What do you think the conditions will be like this weekend? I think it will be a sloppy mess with water everywhere. How long does it take typically for all that water to go under the ice? If it gets to 50-60 degrees it should melt off fairly quickly, but if it also rains that will be real tough on the ice.

Forcast is for 50-55 for Friday.<P>Warm Saturday, and Sunday as well.<P>I predict it will be a wicked sloppy mess.<P>It will take some time for that lake to suck up all that snow that is still out there.

I would bring the tall, dry boots. It will be a mess.

I am bringing an innertube with 4 other innertubes ties together for my coolers of Old Mill'. If you see a crazy guy out on the ice with my fishing rod in one hand and a brew in the other while floating on an innertube thats me. If you wish to join me, bring your own tube. I'll have enough Old Mil' for everyone. Forget that, I need it more if I am going to be floating in a tube all day.<P>As George Carlin says, "don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweatty things"

Sounds like great weather for playing cribbage outside while watching tip-ups!<P>

Hunter, anyone who drinks Old Mil and thinks about swimming in a innertube better think about changing their drink of choice, or is it cabin fever, sounds like you have fun even if the fish dont bite. Good fishing

The real fun starts after the ice sucks up all that snow, and the lake is as flat as the salt flats in Utah.<P>Let the run-n-gun games begin...<P>Whoa, was that open water I just crossed??<BR>Zooooooooooooooooooooooom.......<P><BR> icefishing.gif <P><p>[This message has been edited by widetrack (edited 03-23-2004).]

Fishnutbob, You sound like a guy who understands what I am going through. Cabin fever mixed with Old Mil' will mess with any guys mind. Looking forward to fishing the lake with no boudaries (snow), except for the Canadian one of course.