Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DIXIE CUP

moon phase

DIXIE CUP

DO ANY OF YOU OLD LAKE OF THE WOODS PROS KNOW IF THE MOON PHASE EFFECTS THE FISHING ON THE LAKE OF THE WOODS THIS LATE IN THE SEASON.<P>------------------<BR>Cupper

charterboss

simply put ----YES----with a dark stained water such as we have here,any additional light tiggers the feeding frenzy..I have seen throughout the years that if there is a full moon and a clear sky throughout the night ,,the following day's activity is slower......typically summer or winter as soon as the sun drops below the western tree line ,,for the most part fishing is over ---so if you put a great big spotlight in the sky the activity is prolonged and like all of us at some time we get full and need to back off from the dinner plate

bturck

Charterboss: Looks like I will have a chance to come back next week again in addition to our regularily scheduled 3/25 trip. Where does Glenn have his houses at this time? He was starting to move them back shallow on 2/26 when I was there. Any info from them at this time that you can pass along? I'll know by Sunday if it is going to work or not. Good luck to you also and HANG ON!! Bill

charterboss

Houses are running 25-30 ft was alittle quiet on sunday ,but just got rid of the last storm system ,,so should pick back up .<BR>A good ft plus of snow left to melt out there so things will be getting pretty sloppy shortly.<BR>see ya soon

bturck

I called Riverbend this morning and talked to Ellen. They did not have anything open next Thursday and Friday for cabins. They do have a house for us however. I called six places and finally found a cabin at Borderview for 3/18 and 3/19. so unless something goes wrong plan to be there next week. I also have a prearranged reservation 3/2-3/27. Hopefully the weather will hold just a little longer. See you next week. Bill

charterboss

Bturck--got off the dixies subject a little bit --but time to make you jealous--about 20 of us are taking rigs up the knight and bridges tommorrow for a little cookout and sunburn and if the eyes get in the way ---well so be it ---chat with you soon<BR>foxy

bturck

I'm going to ask Glenn about making that same trip next week when we get there. he had told me the last time that it was definitley an option to take a bomber and one of the guides and do the same thing. I'll be looking for a report from you regarding the adventure. bill