• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

March 13th Pine,Long Pt, Zippleor Bablers

Heading up for the weekend of the 13th. I am looking for advice on where to go out of. Does the bite pick up again near pine or would it be best to try long point/zipple, or make the drive to bablers road. thanks for the advice?

Fishingaddict: I have not fished some of the area that you mentioned, but for the past 4 years I have fished the Pine Island area during the time period you mention and have had very good results. Two weeks ago we were over Pine in 26' of water and did better than some who were deeper. I will be back to that area in a couple of weeks and hope the bite is good again. Good luck and hang on. Bill

fished sat sun monday and tuesday out of long point. between four of use caught about 150 eye's and sauger. monday being the best with more consistantly bigger fish. went home with a limit for all and a big fish fry while there. gold jig and red plain hooks worked best. frozen shiners and perch minnows from fred's bait live. Lots of slush on lake and plowed roads.

thanks for the info guys<BR>I think I will head out of Adrian's road and fish over the Pine island area. Are you guys heading in shallower in the afternoon or are staying out deep still?<BR>

I will be up there this weekend also fishing in the gap area. I'm just wondering how it will be for getting around. Do we have to stay on the road, how much slush and snow. Will atvs work? Thanks for any info.Good luck.

FishingAddict: Because I use a house from Riverbend when I am up there and not mobile I stay in the house if there is action and don't head shallow with my portable. Two weeks ago the bite was consistent all day in 26'. We released one that was 28" otherwise the fish ran 13-18". Bill

Bii: You're making jealous,two more trips,,,, I wanna cry. I got some cool pics from my nephew this weekend on Adrians road, wish i could get them to you

I spoke to Adrian's today. It sounds like the road is rough/ lots of slush. Sounds like they are not suggesting pulling trailerable fishouses out of their road. Morris point sounds like the road is in good shape but the fishing has been slow. I guess I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'll keep checking as it gets closer to the weekend. thanks for the help Bturk. <P>I would like to join the FM Ice series but don't want to tear up my fishouse either.<P><p>[This message has been edited by fishing addict (edited 03-08-2004).]

How are the roads at long pt holding up, I will be taking a couple of low first timers up on the 19th-21st.

Where do you access the lake at Long Point? Is there a resort or something there? Which direction do you recommend once on the Lake? water depth?<BR>Thanks

The access is at Long Point Resort. I've had my houses to the west, towards Twin Islands all year. Have done real well this year. It has slowed done the last 2 times I've been up, but I blame that on not being able to move around easily. We've been limited to only a couple spots this year due to all the snow. For a while there I wasn't even able to get one house by vehicle. We are going to start fishing out of portables again, weather is getting nice and that shallow eveing bite is calling by name!! Good luck.

I'm also wondering about the roads at Long Point. Anyone have any recent info? Being a first timer to Long Point, how do I get there?<P>Thanks a bunch

Was at long point 3-4 thru 3-7 and did all traveling by snowmobile.The resort roads were in pretty good shape, just a few bad spots. Travel off the road is pretty much limited to sleds in my opinion. While there we got another 6-8" of snow. Lots of slush under the snow. Fishing was ok. We fished a reef out about 4 miles for thrusday/friday and saturday out front of the resort (to the east). Caught more fish out front because we were able to get away from people (very key). Not one particular lure worked best, lots of changing and working them to get bit.<P>When I go up from St. Michael I take 169 to 2 to 46 to northome and then up 72 to Baudette. On the way home there was bad roads and tons of traffic and I went 72 to 71 thru Blackduck and Bemidji and then down 371 to Hwy 10 and it was not bad at all.

I am heading up to long point on friday, problem is my truck just crapped out. Any chance I can get to the resort houses with a front wheel drive pontiac grand prix. Never realized how much I like having a truck until I am with out it. Adam

BobD: I'd like to see those pictures and yes I was fortunate to pull one extra trip this week to the Big Pond. Hoping things are still good for 3/25-3/27. I'm taking my son in law and his brother. Total virgins to the world of hard water fishing. I'm sure there will a lot of time spent educating with the limited knowledge that I have. Hope they get into some fish. Watching a Newbie get a chance to enjoy it is also part of the fun....I'm hoping they have good luck, and don't forget to hang on. Bill

I am heading out of long point on friday under less than ideal circumstances, My truck took a crapper so i will be driving a pontiac grand prix any chance i can get to the resort houses with a car, It has only been a few days and I already miss my truck. Adam

Grabs, thanks alot, I decided that not having a truck wasnt going to hold me back from getting some fishing in. We have had some good luck out of long point this year. Hopefully I will run into ya always like meeting fellow fisherman from this site. We are staying in Baudette friday night and getting to the resort early saturday morning. Adam

Adam, how many people are you going with. We have a 6 person cabin and as of today we only have 4 people staying there. If you and a buddy are interested in staying there instead on Friday and Saturday night let me know we might be able to work something out.<P>Chris<BR>[email protected]<p>[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 03-15-2004).]

ATM, I'm going to be at Long Point on Thursday night fishing Friday-Sunday. We will have two sleds with two polar sport houses.<P>I think we will be in the cabin right next to the lodge, swing in if you are around.<P>If you have problems getting to the rental house I am sure the resort guys will take care of you, but if you need a hand getting there let me know, we could possibly work something out to give you a ride out there if you needed it.<P>Hope to run into you up there.