Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bobby617

buzz stix

bobby617

the buzz stix ., heard of it ? tried it? what is your thoughts on it ., got one for xmas and have not used it yet ., just woundering if anybody else has tried it .,

hawksguy

i see gander mountain has them all out for clearance. does that say anything? i was going to buy one, but can't fit one more pole in my truck! they did look interesting.

decoy

I heard from a guy that it works good for the light biting walleyes. When you feel a fish grab the bait lightly, give it a buzz and they latch on. I haven't used one.... Just passing this along.<P><BR>Good luck.<BR>

bturck

My brother got one for Xmas. We had the Aqua View down in a clear lake down here and watched it work. Sure puts a nice shimmy in the jig and minnow. Didn't bother the fish, can't say it caught any more than the standard straight rod. It does pretty much the same you can do with a tremble motion of your hand on a regular rod, now you just have to touch the button. An interesting concept. Bill

pmcrawler

The buzz stick drives the sunfish crazy when you put a small teardrop on with a eurolarvae. When you stop buzzing, the sunnies usually slam the jig.<P>I have had mixed results with walleye and crappie. It definatly has helped trigger a strike but so does jigging. <P>The bad thing about the current model is that the battery cover which is the button you push is poorly designed. In real cold weather, you push the button and the cover comes off. Watch out cause most of the parts like to fall in the hole. shocked.gif If you look at the rods in the store, there is a piece of tape over the button.

Dr. Bob

How good of a clearance deal does GM have on them???

bobby617

well i guess it is a catch 22., yes i did think the tape was a little cheezy,i guess i will have to try it out to really see how it works.,at least it will keep me busy for a few hours? minutes?lol., thanks for all your imput., i will let you know how it works this weekend on low.,

I have heard that they are nothing more than a cheap fad. I won't buy one. South Bend makes the best rod for the money. Just my opinion.

Ice Buster

You bet south bend makes the best rod, that's why you still shoot a 742 Woodsmater!<BR>Get a Clue!!

lowrox

Ouch, go easy there Ice Buster. Some people have a different deffinition of the "finer" things in life such as the Frabill Amplifier.

widetrack

36inch MH Genz ice rod, in the baitcaster model.<P>Now there boys is a mighty fine spoon rod.<P>Don't waste you money on gimmicks.

lowrox

No kidding, remember those stupid battery operated flashing glow jigs. As soon as the jig hit the water the battery would get so cold that it would stop working. Someone made a lot of money off of those Buzz Stix though. Who buys more junk then ice fishermen though?

widetrack

Muskie fishermen for one.<P>I like to think I buy good junk though.

Dr. Bob

Duck Hunters that's who grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.<P>I think that perhaps this gimmick may have a place for fishing crappies. I would not be interested in using it for walleye.

lowrox

Dr. Bob,<P>All I know is that batteries and ice fishing just don't mix. Escpecially the cheep watch type batteries that are used in the Buzz Stix. I think that you're correct with your panfish comment. I'll stick with my jigging stick for the eye's though. :-)

Icebuster, apparently you bought a "buzz stick". <BR>If you would re-read my post, I stated I had "heard" they were a fad. I have not bought one, nor do I plan on buying one.<P>And yes, I do own a "wingmaster" also.

bobby617

i to would probly not buy one ., but i did get it for x-mas at no cost., so the stix is there for somewhat of a back up or something to try when fishing is slow ., i also have the top of the line reals poles ect., but just the fact that it has this cool vibrating action whitch i really dont think i can do it like that with the other poles., yes you can jig them and even try and imitate ., but it is such a fine vibrating action.,thanks to all that replyed ., i will let you know how it does this weekend.,

sledhead

my grand father wanted one for x-mas so I got him one. worked for about one time and broke. took it right to buzz stick in brainerd and got a new one under warrenty. went back up to the LOW and worked one time. Now he just uses it the old fashion way. BY HAND JIGGING IT. Piece of hooey if you ask me.

hawksguy

dr bob, i think they are 19.99. am going to get some cylinders, will get exact price today.

hawksguy

well, call me crazy. i went out and bought one at fleet farm. combo with a reel was 24.99. i'll let you know if it works.

bobby617

well i still have not used the stix.,it needs somemore attention i guess., let some freinds use it this weekend and they said that there was a part there that came off or fell off., so they never got to use it .,well i will have to fix it (i hope) and get it ready for the end of march weekend up at low.,im still going to give this a try ????.,

Ice Buster

Mr. Anderson- Maybe you should reread my post and notice I am responding to your Southbend comment, and making a sterio type saying you probably shoot a 742 woodsmaster also. And I glad you think your southbend ice pick rods are the greatest.

I don't have lotsa money, so Ya gotta admit, $6 for a rod is a steal. <BR>I've seen people hammer walleyes on wood 2x4's with line wrapped around them.<BR>I figure the bobber does most of the work anyway.

Bruce Mosher

Ice Buster, I like the name you picked but you have to know it is my Registered Trade Mark. Bruce Mosher<P>------------------<BR>Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Ice Buster

Bruce- I'll stop using your name, when you get me that huge Ice buster to display in my fishing shop. and if your lucky,next season I'll have a whole today's tackle endcap ha,ha<BR>