• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The crappies are there, but catching them is the question.... I found that out a couple weeks ago when I was up there. We went out of some campground's access near Williams Narrows. I think we were in 20-25 ft. Had my AquaVu down and the slabs were all over down there. We had four guys working the area pretty strong and only iced one crappie that was about 10 1/2 inches!!! For some reason they did not want to bite. We tried everything, small jigs with maggots, minnow lines and even jigging spoons, NOTTA!! They are there though. Spoke to a local at the access and he said that it gets hit pretty hard right away at first ice and maybe they just needed it to settle down a bit. Hope this helps, GOOD LUCK can't hurt to give it a try. My buddy hooked a nice 10-12lb Northern, saw a few walleyes and some nice looking gills on the camera too!!!!