Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
blue_healer_guy

breakers

blue_healer_guy

Would like some info on where the breakers are at. We will be coming out of highbanks but fishing near zoomers and ravens. A month ago we were ok, but have things changed. Also might fish 3rd river. Any help from people who have just been up would be great.. Oh I better ask, How much ice? Thanks, Joe

blue_healer_guy

Maybe i'll reword my last post with some originals.
1. It's my first time at winnie---ever.
2. I'm bringing my kids.
3. I'm bringing my lady and don't want her to outfish me.
4. What colors are working,depths ect.
5. Hey does anyone got any gps cordinates?
6. I'll post on where there biting when I get back.
These always get great responses #2 and #3 are my favorites.

stick

I have only fished Winnie a few times, and have never gone out at Highbanks. I did see this brief info in the Grand Rapids forum.

"On Winnie I go out of the Highbanks resort. If you go out of Highbanks you will see the cluster of houses out about 2 miles out and the perch fishing has been best in about 31-34 feet of water. Highbanks is a great spot to have a beer and bull**** about the fishing also. "

I'm headed there Saturday and going out at Nodaks. Good luck!

Last weekend we had good luck on blue/white glow devil, and blue/pink forage minow. also we were about a mile from from the closest person in the area of ravens pt. I have gps numbers for ya if I can get them out of my gps. it stopped working GRRRRRRRRRRR. I thinks its dead.

nice2Bout

Split,

Sounds like the edges will be a little rough this weekend. Any ideas? Give me a call tonight.(If ya know who this is?)

nice2Bout

Havin' Fun

We had our best luck on either small swedish pimples and waxies or some fatheads. Mostly fished in 26-31 feet. Move, move and move. I would suggest cutting 100 holes in your area and hop hole to hole. The holes don't even have to be far apart. Seamed like we would get one nice perch from a hole and than they would quit. I know you've heard it before, but it's never more true than with Winnie perch. YOU HAVE TO MOVE>

Also, be very careful around the Ice heaves. There was an opening about 2-3 feet wide on a crack about 100 yards from the main heave. So be careful. Otherwise the ice was good.

blue_healer_guy

Thanks for the replies. Checked with some resorts on the south side and they say everything is ok yet for the weekend.

bigV

well put hammerem
Had the same experience last friday. Catch 1 maybe 2 fish in a hole then nothing. We didn't do well. Fish on the small side generally. Didn't try in shallow but moved quite a bit in deep water. Put alot of miles on my new auger blades