• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well I'm heading back to Swan today around 11:00 a.m., it look's like the weather will be a little nicer then the trip I had in June and hopefully I can stay out of the hospital emergency room this time!!!!!

I'll let everyone know how I did on Monday.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 07-16-2004).]

Ole1855,
I seem to remember your posts the last time you were up. I don't remember what happened but just wanted to wish you better luck grin.gif.
Take care, Thomas (BD110)

Ole,

How did it go? I was there this weekend too, but didnt have much luck with the Walleyes...

Well I fished for 4 hours Fri. my brother and 2 other guys fished it for 8 hours, 1 walleye in the boat!!! We went to Winni on Sat. and my brother and I boated 15 walleyes in 5 hours, we caught 5 in the slot and the rest were over the slot, they were between 22-26".

And as I posted in my last message, I'm going to try to stay out of the hospital, well that didn't happen, I can't believe it but I was in the Hibbing hospital for another emergency surgery on Sun. morning!!!!!!!!!! So I just was released and I'm back in town, absolutely unbelieveable!!!!

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

Ole
Whats the deal are you accident prone or just a streak of bad luck.

Oldbear,

I am accident prone but this wasn't the result of any accident. It's kinda embarressing to go into too much detail, but the surgery I had in June didn't heal properly and became infected, so they had to open me up again and make the necessary repairs and also cure a staph infection that I had going on. Without getting into too much detail, let's just say, it hurts to sit down!!!!

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

We have a cabin on swan.next to grozy's point.walleyes have been good to me so far this year. they started out slow like they always do.but have picked up in the last mounth or so.. large leeches are working the best know but shiners are working . but you get a slimmer from time to time.. I fish the shore from grozy's point all the down the shore to the corner in about 10 to 13 feet.
i was just up there from the 15th to the 19th and did real well . alot of eyes in the 13 to 17 inches range. i will be heading back up AUG.19th 20th and the 21st..if you are heading up there around that time give give me a shout .. we can hook up and do some fishing

TYGRO,
Are you originally from the area or do you just have the cabin there?

It's going to be a few weeks before my butt is going to be bouncing in any boat seat!!!

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

my grandparents and my mother were from hibbing. the cabin has been in our family since 1969. so you could say i have been going up to that area for some time.. i live in east bethel. and travel to the cabin every chance i get.. i love it up there . if i could i would be living up there.so next time you get a chance to get up to swan give me a yell. i might be able to give you some pointers on were to find some eye's .. but if is slimmers you are looking for. you can find them just about any where on that lake.. my dad pulled in a 41 incher a couple of years ago.. we have that on on the wall. still looking for my trophy eye though..

Ole, Well, I cant say that I did much better. Tried everything I could think of and didnt get more than just a few small eyes... That lake seems to have me cursed. In all the years I have fished it, I cant ever seem to catch a decent number of nice walleyes. I know they are there, but I must be doing something wrong.

Tygro, my in-laws have a place straight across from your cabin, near the point where the airplane hangar/garage is. I fished that same area you mentioned from Grozy's back towards the corner, and couldnt catch a dang thing, although I didnt have leeches either, so that might explain it. Were you fishing with Lindy rigs? or just jigs? Any particular colors that work well? I am at my wits end with that lake. It seems like under the bridge is the only place I can ever find the 'eyes...

FISHERMN
I use JB lindy rigs.I have used just about every color. and have had good luck with all.
but the orange black and crome seem to have been producing the most.I have tried to run crank baits. they have not produced much as of yet . but fall time seems to be the best for cranks.large leeches are working the best. jumbos i think are to big as not as many hits when using them.my best luck has been from about 5:00am to 9:00am and then from around 6:00 pm to sun set.. the stop after sun goes down,,,,,

good luck
tygro

• 2 weeks later...

Try Crawlers on a long snell and long line a lindy rig. jigs and shiners work well also.

the only problem with crawlers is the perch
will nibble you all day long. i used to use them . but moved to leeches as the perch wont nibble as much

Has any one fished swan latley.. I will be going up on the 19th to the 22nd .. havent been there in 2 weeks.. I was wondering if this cold weather has messed up the eyes or not?

thanks
tygro

TYGRO,

I don't know, I haven't been there since mid July, still too sore to sit in the boat after surgery. I'll call my brother and ask him then I'll report back.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

OLE
I hope the old back side gets better for
ya.. remeber a bad day of fishing is better than a good day with the wife.
thanks for the call to the brother for the report. i hope its good but i really dought
it

tygro

TYGRO,
I just talked to my brother, he hasn't been fishing lately because it's been so darn cold, but with some warmer weather coming he said it should be going pretty good in the next week or so.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Ole

------------------
Olson Insurance Agency
[email protected]
952-224-4774

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 08-12-2004).]

OLE
WHERE DOES YOUR BROTHER LIVE UP THERE???
THANKS FOR THE EFFORT ON THE FISHING REPORT.\
HOPEFULLY THERE WEATHER WILL TURN TO THE GOOD FOR A WEEK. IF IT WARMS UP THE FISHING SHOULD TURN GOOD .. I WILL POST HOW I DO WHEN I GET BACK.

TYGRO