• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm fishing Swan for the first time in quite a few years, anybody want to give me a few tips?

Ole

Come on Guy's I know there's somebody with some help for me!!! I catch and release so I won't be taking too many fish, I don't want your secret spots, just some ideas on depths and bait presentations.

Ole

They have been geting them on minnows i believe. It wont be hard to find spots , just look for all the boats.

Thanks to those that did reply, I guess I'll have to rely on my old places and old tactics, I'll post my success or lack of success when I get back.

Ole

Ole hope your fishing of swan was a a good time ,, I havent been online much of late cause of work issues ,,, Swan Can be a very decent lake . My Favorite tactic there is to long line crawlers on lindy rigs. Shiners do well on swan also . the bait shop in pengilly always had decent shiners and great crawlers. adding a red or glow in the dark bead to the rig helped also , for jigs chartuse glow fuzzy grubs is what i used 90% of the time tipped with shiners.

Hope this helps ya

Thanks rock,

I am heading there this Thur., I'll post my results when I get back.

Ole

esox,

Is there a tournament there this weekend?

Years ago I used to fish one that was put on at a resort that was the old deaf camp, I think since then it has moved over to Mr. Roberts, but I'm not sure. Is that what you're talking about?

Ole

esox,
I am coming up there to fish Thur.- Sun. and I think it would a blast to fish that again, the only problem is we are going to have 5 guy's and 2 boats, I'm guessing the teams are limited to 2 per boat, is that right?

Ole

Ouch!! What am I going to do with the 5th guy? Maybe I'll get him real drunk on Fri. nite so he can't get out of bed on Sat. morning!!!

Anyone out there need a partner?

Ole

I'm originally from Nashwauk, I've lived in The Cities since 1977, but I make it up north to my cabin every chance I get. Also, the 4th of July in Nashwauk is hard to beat!!!

Ole

I have fished this lake several times in the past and have only come up with Northerns, no luck on the eyes It is not too far from the cabin, nice lake, if you get some hinters on the eyes over the weekend let me know

esox,

No I didn't, I fished Fri. and froze my butt off!! We did manager to catch a number of Walleyes from 16"-29.5" and we caught quite a few northern from 24"-30", all in all not too bad.

Then Fri. nite I ended up in the Hibbing hospital emergency room and surgery!!! So I didn't get to fish on Sat. or any other day for that matter, I'm still recovering.

Ole

Ole,,, Sounds like you had a typical day on Swan.... Bummer you ended up at the hibbing hospital thou ... For me thou i would have tried to find Doc Farnham(sp). He is a Veternarian(sp) who is better than have the docs at the hospital grin.gif

rockhard,

It's funny you mention that. I won't mention any names but I did have an issue.

I had emergency surgery, actually in the emergency room, that part is my fault since the ER Doc did offer to transfer me to the Operating Room and to bring in a surgeon, I opted to have him do it, that was my mistake.

After the cutting was over he put me on pain pills and antibiotics, I ended up going back into the clinic and seeing the surgeon on Monday, he said I wasn't really doing any better and he changed my antibiotics. When I got back to the Cities there was a letter in the mail box from a Doc in the ER dept. telling me the antibiotics that the ER Doc gave me had no effect on the infection that I had, ONE WEEK AFTER THE FACT!!! It's a good thing I went back to the clinic and saw the surgeon who put me on the right meds!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we all learn from our mistakes, I'll go into the O.R. if and when anything like this happens again!!!

Ole

swan has been hit and miss this year. it started out really slow only catchung slimmers (northern) early. but the walleye bite has picked up in the last few weeks. shiners are working the best so far. but the leech bite has been picking up.. i will be up the fishing this weem from thurs to sunday.hope the weather hold out. and the bite is good .. i will give more info on the bite next week.