• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grand Rapids Winnie fishing report 5-17-04

Another opener has came and went. We opened on Cass with water temps around 48 degrees pretty cold. We found fish in some deep water mostly around 15-18 ft. We were using 1/8 oz jigs with a shiner minnow, and the best presentation was slow.most the fish would take the bait when you were hardly moving. All the big sand flats and points had some fish, but you would get one chance at them and you were searching for a new bite. All and all it wasn’t too bad.
Around G.R. I haven’t heard much. Winnie was O.K.but that was about it. They were getting fish on the North shore, East shore,on the river channel, by tamarack and in by Halbrecks. The fish were alittle deeper around the 10 ft. range. The people fishing shallower than that were having a tough time. As the water warms abit it should get nothing but better.
Sand Jessie and Bowstring were pretty tough. Nobody I talked to did well there.
Hope your opener was a good one and I will see you on the water.
Jason Boser
Fishing fever guide service
218-327-2191
[email protected]

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]