• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mail-in-DEADLINE-(Monday-2/16/04) URL-Crappie Contest!!! February 21st, 2004 -The ICE-Series

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick

• Matt Johnson

• can it be luck?

• rmh2o

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Ok,
now it's time for the Mille Lacs Roll Call...

Saturday January 24th out of Fisher's Resort...

Who's in for a whole lotta FUN????

I'll be there with more recruits. Kudos to the entire event team for pulling off a significant event on Winnie without any apparent problems. And Rick, don't let me drink any more 'specials'! Last Sat @ 6am was not fun.

Count me and my crew in. Winnie was a lot of fun. First contest I have fished in awhile. I like how the contest is set up because it dosen't feel like a contest when your fishing. Also I would like to take the time to thank Jason Boser for all the help he gave me and my crew out on Winnie. He was a real help since we have never fished that lake before.

Thanks again
Mike Bradley and Crew

Fm Family,
There is no gate/road fee to access Mille Lacs Lake from Fisher's Resort... for those who register for the I.C.E. Series event.
See ya there, should be great fun!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

That's a great deal. It normally is around $8 to access roads at the resorts... $10 (includes the road access fee), plus you have a good chance at winning one of many great prizes. Not to mention the title on the line "Worlds Greatest Ice Angler" and some nice trophies. Great meal afterwards, chance to meet fellow FM'ers and a great opportunity to learn how to fish Lake Mille Lacs. Can't go wrong here guys!

Here is a list of some of the prizes posted earlier in the thread...
"awesome line-up of prizes (Otter Fish Houses, MarCum Depth Finders or Underwtaer Cameras, Eskimo Augers, Eskimo Fish Houses, Catch-n.com tackle, Custom Jigs and Spins tackle, Yukon Tracks Gear, Thorne Bros Sweetheart Rods, Bio Bait, LakeMaster LakeMaps, Ice Buster Bobbers from Todays Tackle, TackleCity.com Panfish jigs, Scenic Tackle Angel Eyes, Glow Devils, Ryans ATV Racks, and more.....)."

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 01-19-2004).]

The jumbo perch have been active and same with the walleyes, looks like with the warm temps predicted for this weekend we are going to see a lot of fish caught this weekend out on Mille Lacs!

Scott Steil will be there to help anyone out who needs some advice on fishing Mille Lacs. Scott will also be giving a little introduction to the event as well. Scott is a decorated Mille Lacs fisherman with a knack for catching big walleyes. You may have seen Scott, or the people he takes out on the lake, in pictures with huge trophy Mille Lacs Lake walleyes. Scott is an experienced Mille Lacs Lake guide and this is a great opportunity for everyone to learn from one of the best, I know I'm looking forward to it!

See everyone on saturday!

Check out Scott Steil at the Mille Lacs Guide Service website:

Mille Lacs Guide Service - Scott Steil

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Matt, are you gonna be working or fishing? I imagine you'll be helping out with some of the things at the event. Are you from that area, or fish Mille Lacs much? I never fished there, would like to though. I'm trying my darndest to make it out, and was wondering when you plan on heading over there. If I can make it, it sure would be nice to fish with some of the guys who know the lake. A little pre-fishing so to speak..... OK, who's next? Hey Scott, are you gonna be working or....... grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I'll be fishing a good portion of the event. You are more then welcome to head out with me on the lake. We will get you pointed in the right direction and we'll do what we can do to put you on some fish. I'll be up there on friday evening and I'll get a couple hours of fishing in before the night is done. You will enjoy Mille Lacs, its a great lake for ice fishing and fishing in general!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thanks Matt! I guess I just feel a little better knowing that good guideance is available to get me going in the right direction. smile.gif I know the event itself will have plenty of experts to include Scott Stiel, willing and giveing all that's needed to be successful. If I can make it I'd like to fish the day before hopefully, that's why I was asking. smile.gif Thanks again! Mark

------------------

can it be luck I will be up there friday and saturday if you need any help let me know and thanks for the info on Erie

Hey thanks! I'm pulling strings, but it may be tough to get away. It would be nice to talk to you in person, I could fill you in on a lot of info on Erie...Without haveing to type! If I make it up there, I'll bring you a couple hours of video I shot on Erie. It'll show you exactly what to do, whether drift fishing or trolling. I'll guarantee that you'll be "makeing plans" to go!! Thanks again, Mark smile.gif

------------------

Mark, I am going to be at the event in the AM before take off. I have clients in our Sleeper house and an evening guide trip on the lake. So, it will be a busy day for me. But, I will be around all weekend.

I will be around during registration and before take off in the AM to talk fishing with anyone who wants to. Mille Lacs is a great lake and one of the few lakes that give you a GREAT chance at a trophy fish every time you wet your line.

The fishing has been off & on but it looks like the weather conditions look pretty favorable for this Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I am the guy in the red Guidewear. Make sure you stop by and say hi.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Steil (edited 01-21-2004).]

Thanks Scott! One thing you can count on is expert help and guideance when attending these events. I for one have never fished Mille Lacs, but for me...Or anyone for that matter, first timers will have proven guides who KNOW the lakes that are being fished. To me that is worth the trip right there. Besides the forementioned benifits, food, prizes, access, and YOU HAVE FUN! (Fun, that's my Chinese neighbors name! grin.gif) I hope to make it out, the events are a blast!

------------------

Rick,
When we drove by on Monday the lake access fee sign read $9 - Even a better deal. Keep Smiling. See you all on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of FM'ers and can't wait to get on some fish.

WHAT FRS CHANNEL DO MOST FM'ERS TALK ON?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Upper Red Lake ICE Series - Crappie Contest and More!

Where: Upper Red Lake - West Wind Resort - Meet and at the Door registrations 7am

When: 8am-2pm Sat. Feb 21st, 2004

Online Registration - CLICK HERE.

Beat the Deadline
Enter Now for only $10
$15 at the door.
Kids under 16 FREE
Lake Access FREE ($8 value)
Food FREE ($3 Value)
Premium Prizes FREE ($Thousands$)
Pro Staff Help FREE (Priceless)

Online Registration - CLICK HERE.

Will there be golfing? Basketball? Spud shooting events? Dog raceing,...with the dogs actually driveing? shocked.gif Clamping contests titling the "Worlds greatest Clamper"? Pin the tail on the crappie? Will everyone be dressed in thier best "Sunday go to meeting" lead suits? cool.gif Will I need an extension?? Will someone be there to show us the best fishing spots? What phone provider is best? confused.gif What if I dont eat cheerios? Will we see aliens and UFOs? shocked.gif.........Count me in, it sounds like fun! PS: Hey! That would be a good time to discuss Red lake issues. I better "pack" a lunch. j/k

------------------

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-25-2004).]

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing a cabin rental the weekend of the ice leaders at red. I stayed at a cabin last weekend that was really nice at 120 dollars a night. The cabin had two rooms and a loft plus a couch,I have 2 guys and room for 3 to 5 more people without doubling up, maybe some on cots. I wanted to check around to see if anyone else is interested so I could reserve this cabin,if you are contact me at [email protected] or cell at 651-210-9640, name is Bruce.
------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197
I'm a clamper he's a clamper she's a clamper wouldn't ya like to be a clamper too