• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HI THERE ---I'm comeing up fishing Grave Lake Monday--I would like info on snow and ice depth, Please-----

The limit on bluegills out there is 5! But if you're into CPR'ing some nice gills, it's a good lake. I've only fished the south west side of the lake....accessed it by foot through private property. Every hole I punched, I caught a few gills out of...that was in February last year. If you have access to a snowmobile, I'd definitely use that for transportation. You'll probably save yourself a pain in the @$$ by getting your truck or atv stuck. The gills I caught were all in the 8-9 inch range, nice ones, but not the 10"+ that I'm looking for, for the wall. Good Luck and let us know how ya did. I used marmooska jigs and shrimpos, waxies and small, small crappie minnows.

bmc
[email protected]

ME AGAIN---My Father-in-law has a cabin on the lake and we are snowmobileing in and are useing portable houses and I would like to know the snow and ice depth or how far we have to dig down to find ice----

Couple of feet of snow and the ice is just about to the top of the power auger. You won't need an extension, but close. Good Luck! We have been getting a few 'gills and crappie on our lake, just north of Marcell.