Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

wrong topic

[This message has been edited by FisherMania12 (edited 07-06-2003).]

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Bite was tougher today but managed some very pretty fish. Trying to perfect getting pics with the cell phone and then editing them. I love crappie eyes and the color of some bluegills. My favorite fish on the planet. 
    • tipupsonly
      Not to get off topic and bring up that other lake, but I think lower limits and slots are going to be more and more common. I think Mille Lacs is a great example. That lake is packed all winter with a 1 fish limit. If that is keeping people away I’d hate to see it if the limit was 4! Small lakes need these slots even more as they can get fished out quick if the bite is hot.   In theory as long as you have those protected slot/spawning fish your fishery should be LOTW. The only exception would be multiple or many years of poor young year classes in which case you run into the Mille Lacs problem, which with regulation changes is rebounding nicely now.  Slots are NEEDED along with the willingness to reduce bag limits when needed. The problem with stricter regulations is the resorts and tourism industry has to be taken into consideration and whether you like it or not they will rarely want to see decreased limits or seasons shortened. Just my opinion. 
    • Ten point
      I have to agree with what canopy Sam said I also have fished this lake for 40 year's when I started you basically caught what got through the nets lots of small walleye there was not much fishing pressure in the winter now you have down riggers covering a lot more water and catching not only walleye but they also get there saugers most of the time we have way more pressure in the winter I also remember the northern fisherman it was almost sad to see them dragging trophy northerns around the ice on the end of a gaff but I also think this is still one of the best fisheries any where I also agree there are not enough conservation officers out there are to many people that take over there limit they have no respect for the resource but the trash on the lake is a lot less then it was ten years ago this is my opinion not saying that I am right just my opinion.
    • opsirc
      I took a set of my mother's ear- rings and made lures out of them.. Do not remember if i ever caught anything on them. But they were flashy.
    • BisoNation
      lakes like Ottertail Lake had 1000-1500 castles on it this year.  we are very concerned about pressure.  good points in this thread that could apply to many other minnesota large lakes.
    • icefisker
    • holmsvc
      I think everyone buying a wheel house and heading out for days at a time is what has really caused fish to move out of the area more than anything.  I think it would be interesting to have the major resorts track the fish cleaned by their guides summer verse winter.  It sure seems to me they take way more people out ice fishing than summer fishing.
    • gimruis
      There may be way more pressure in the winter but the harvest is MUCH higher in the summer.  Fish are far more active and feeding heavily in the summer months than they are in the cold water months.  Plus in the summer there is this thing called hooking mortality.  The days of keeping 4 or 6 walleyes and 10 crappies are coming to an end.  Its unsustainable virtually everywhere including a large body of water like LOTW.
    • cookie129
       I got  a call from goose yesterday That Bryce Luthens passed away on the 17th of March.  Ibot number 17. He was one of the many that toasted the crappie gods at the temple. so sorry for your loss of your good friend goose and Sandy
    • eyeguy 54
      powerbait wishbone