• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coming up to Sandlake Lodge in a couple of weeks, and have been hearing so much about how low the water is wanting to know if anyone has hit Sand lake yet and about all the road construction that was going on last yeararound Grand Rapids and Deer River?

lilgreek, You should have no trouble getting to Deer River this year. The only construction we have is 38 not near where you are going. as for the water level it is alittle low but Sand has a good landing and you should be getting a good bite they have been going pretty good there as of late
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Thank you Jason, we are looking forward to some good fishing water level had me worried
thanks again for the quick response.wiil pick your brain on bowstring and other things when I get back from work.

Thanks lilgreek

I'm headding up to sand this weekend, Just wondering how shallow the gut is between bigsand and littlesand. I dont have shallow drive on my moter.

Willowcat - if you have tilt & trim you should be OK between Big & Little Sand

I don't have tilt & trim either. But if it stays about 1 1/2 feet and there is no sunken debries I should be good. if any thing I'll have to use the electric moter or a push-pull. But anyways are the pike or walleyes hitting up there ? I seen some pics. posted on webshots from the Anchor Inn resort looks like its been half good.

Willowcat - Never been on Sand when the northerns didn't hit. Walleyes are walleyes but they have been pretty decent. Crappies also.

About the construction on Rt 38....can you still get to the Marcel area from G.R.?? and will the construction be on-going in August?? Thanks....rick1099

Lilgreek, I am confident that the fishing will be excellent based on the fact your guide is well seasoned and knows the lake well. Just make sure to keep the George Foreman grill away from him and everything should work out ok.

[This message has been edited by theiple (edited 05-30-2003).]

[This message has been edited by theiple (edited 05-30-2003).]

Jason,was wondering where on Sand and Bowstring a guy might get into some crappie
one of our methods is small jig under a shybite and either a waxy or a minnow.
we mostly try for mr tooth and some inside info would be awesome thanks in adance.

I dont get out fishing craps much this time of the year on those 2 lakes but from what I'm hearing they are starting to move in to the shallows they been using just a little jig and minnow up in that shallower waterwhere they have been spawning. I wish I could give you some exact spots but I havent been able to fish them and would hate to give bad info
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Sand. The walleyes are biteing in about 9'of water. Do to the dry season the water is down about two & half feet, Watch out for the dead heads there only a foot under the surface. The northern are hitting any thing you throw at them. As far as Crappies go I had my best luck of the Dora lake bridge just up 126 from Max road. Had no problem with road construction.

• 2 weeks later...

willowcat, my group was up there the 7th thru the 13th we were in a white smoker craft and we did very well it was some of the best fishing ive had up there. We caught them in water from 7 to 13 feet but if i had to put money on the mean depth i to would say 9 feet, bite slowed alot by wed. but ill take that every year, no mosquitos unreal i mean NONE. We talked to a guy from around there had a lab in his boat real nice guy wouldnt be you would it?

Great to hear you did good. We didn't have to much of a prob with the skeeters until just before dark. Timeing is everything, I got some news that things have slowed down a bit,and that the mayflys are hatching.Good time to switch to crawlers for a while. Planning on getting up there again soon any info will be put to good use.