• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've fished muskies a few times over the last few years and have yet to get one to the boat. Well, last night me and a buddy were out fishing on Moose Lake, when I broke my muskie curse.......eventhough it's still pre-season for them. We were walleye fishing when my buddy told me to look at that muskie that was swimming by. I was bringing my chartruse jig/shiner combo in and it happened! The muskie slowly swam up to the combo and gently grabbed onto it. Imagine my surprise when it took off with my jig in the corner of it's mouth. After a lengthy battle on 6 lb test line, we landed it, and after a quick measurement of 40" and a picture, she was let go. Hopefully I'll be able to tangle with her again someday, hopefully on the musky rod this time though. As for the walleye's, we only caught 4 or 5, with one nice 15" keeper, the rest were little 10"-12"'s that looked like footballs. Their little bellies were stuffed full of minnows. Lots of boats out there last night too, but most people were leaving too early. Jig/shiner or jig/chub was the weapon of choice for the 'eyes.

bmc

bmc, congrats on the nice muskie! We were just up there for a week and the muskie were active on slip bobbers and jigs and minnows while we were trying to fish walleye. My eight year old hooked into about a 15 lb muskie on a slip bobber. Scared him when he saw the muskie he had on, he tried to give me the rod. It eventually got off. Also caught a couple small muskie and had others on. Lots of action for them this early in the year.