• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

will be staying at southwood resort may 27th thru june 1st first time on lake would luv to have some advice on where to fish for walleyes and northerns and the perferred bait and tackle jigs or spinners or trolling with cranks... how deep?? any info would be appreciated...

try the start of the weed edges along the east side of the lake the differnt points and drop off work great.I would start off shallow and work my way deeper to about 10-12 ft with a 1\8 oz fireball and a shiner
if that isnt working give some of the sunken stucture a try with the warm water they might start producing by then. try riggin or jigging there Jessie is a early crawler lake
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

I will also be up for the first time this year. Looking to get a few walleye and Panfish. Any good spots for the crappies and sunfish? Recommend any other lakes close by?

------------------

I can't help with the walleyes, but I've had some good luck with northerns by trolling with black/silver and blue/silver crank baits. Later in the summer I'm in in 20-60 feet but I think this early in the year 15-25 on the developing weed edges wood be the way to go. Try the shore lines with steep drop offs which are all over the lake. Good luck!