• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about going to grand rappids to try my luck at trout fishing, I was woundering if anyone has any info on either Lucky lake, or moonshine lake? I understand that I may have to portage into these lakes, but that will just add to the excitement of the day. Please let me know if you have any info on how to fish these two lakes, and if you have any idea how the accessibility is.

Thank you, and Tight lines!!

I've never fished Lucky or Moonshine, but I've fished Kremer on MN 38 north of GR. I've had varied luck on the splake, but my best outing I brought home 6 decent fish and they were all caught within 30 yards of the access. Some monster bass roam those waters too. I can't explain that one, but they're in there. I've heard rumors that Surprise and Day are trout lakes as well, but I haven't fished either. If you try Lucky or Moonshine, please let me know. I've wanted to try them too.

Fish On!

Iron Man

I tried Moonshine yesterday afternoon - not a bite. Two other guys were also fishing and I don't believe either had any bites either. Talked to one who said his cousin did well there that morning. So, perhaps it's a morning and/or evening bite right now.

Speaking of stream trout lakes, they're not producing worth a d***. A friend of mine, who is an excellent trouter by the way, since opener has fished Nashwauk's La Rue Pit - 0, Larson Lake - 0, and the Gilbert Pit - 1 (19" rainbow). He doesn't think anything has been stocked because of all the budget problems. He just might be right.

Greg C.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm