• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm heading up to Hill Lake the weekend of the 25th of April. I have never fish this lake before any tips for the crappies would be great, also if anyone could update me if the ice will be off by than. I think we are staying at Quadna mountain resort. Is this resort right on the lake??? Thanks for the Help.

Thanks Topwater - Do yuo know if the ice is off the lake? Hopefully it warms up for next weekend.

The ice just came off many of the lakes just south of HWY 2 ... if the weather doesnt go back to arctic the lakes should be open very soon.

Thanks Fisher Dave. Do know anything about this lake. The only reason i'm trying it out is because we received a free time share that had to be used by May. I seen an article in the outdoor news right after i found out i was going and they talked about the wallyes but it will be a little early for those. I will be going after the crappies hopefully i can find them for the wife to have a little fun.Thanks again.

I have some buddies that do pretty good on Hill during the winter. I think their crappie "Hotspot" was to the left of the landing in the middle of the lake. Kinda by the point that sticks out. I know the annual fishing contest out there always produces a lot of fish as well. Hope that helps, have fun!

Riptide, Quadna Mountain Resort is located on the south end of Hill Lake. There is a boat launch on the south end just off highway 169 and another at the park in town, use the one on the south end it's better than the one in town.It's not hard to find crappies on the lake, they've been biting pretty much all over the lake the past year or so. The south end from the resort around to the landing to the bridge is a good place to start. I grew up in Hill City and have place north of town a few miles, but live in the cities now. Also if you're looking for a place to eat 9 Mile between Hill City and Grand Rapids serves a good steak (16 oz. T-bone 10.99. Hope this helps and maybe see you ot there as I'm headed up there myself. I have a green F-350 and a lue and white Smokercraft, so say Hi if your around.

Thanks guys - Hopefully the weather is a little better this weekend.Thanks for the tips and maybe i will see ya up there Dinnerpail. I have a Blue Chevy Z71 if you see me come on over for a beer. Good luck. I will be out probally with the nephews trying to get them a few crappies. The youngest is 4 and will be his first time fishing. i think we all remember those days.

Sorry, I gave you wrong info. The landing is just off highway 200 not 169. I'll take to my brother the middle of the week and see if anything is happening by them.

Hey Dinnerpail -- How did you end up doing out there. I think i saw you head north on the lake Saturday afternoon. We caught one bass all weekend it was great weather but couldn't find any crappies.

Went out for a couple of hours but the crappies didn't want to bite. Went to a auction in town and spent some money instaed. Was good to get the boat out though. Won't be back up untol the opener. Probably go out on Pokegma then.

Little early for the crappies out on Hill. They won't start really hitting for a couple weeks at least. It sure is fun when they're in the shallows on this lake because when you get em you get good fish and a lot of them. Good Luck and make sure you save a couple for this fella too!