• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I hit the south end of Graves Lake yesterday in search of bull gills. I fished the south end and ended up catching about a dozen. All of them were right around 8", pretty nice gills, but no monsters, and I didn't graph alot of fish. I caught these fish out of two holes between 12 and 15 feet deep. Is the migration from deep water into the shallows starting? I tried all the way out to about 20 feet and nothing past 15 feet deep. I'm starting to kick myself for not trying shallower, but oh well, maybe next time.

Brian

i'm sure he's aware of that.

------------------
jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends the night in the box

There's a sign at the access indicating the experimental regulations and the 5 fish limit on bluegills. I would have to say the fish are in 15' or less. I've caught large gills suspending over deep water this time of year also, but on Graves I would say that they are in that South end and relatively shallow. Those big hawgs aren't as plentiful as they used to be out there, people really hammered them and when we did the population assessment I only seen about 5 really big fish.

Yep, they all went back down the hole to fight another day. Being this was my first time out there, I can see it'd be worth my while to do some more exploring out there. smile.gif

Brian

bmc,jiggle:
hope you didn't take my ? the wrong way confused.gif
i have a cabin in that area and know of a person that fished it last spring and wasn't aware of the limit #.( hope he reads the regulation book )
sounds like you like catching more than cleaning wink.gif
happy fishing smile.gif

No problem, no offense taken. I don't stock pile fish. I don't see the point in freezing more if I already have some in the freezer. And when I have to work nights and I go out during the day, I hate cleaning them before work or the next morning when they're boards stiff. lol Where's your cabin, perhaps we could get together and do some fishing in this area?

Brian

bmc,
talmoon,but haven't had a lot of time to get up this winter (self employed/kids in sports)
but did manage a couple good trips.
ya wouldn't mind drowneding some minnows with ya. i'll shot you a e-mail if it's in your profile and set something up.