• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Catching fish on household items.

fish_time

We decided to go around the house and see what we could use for fishing lures. Its amazing what fish will eat. Also, watch for a chance to win a free lure. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Yayyyy 1

I made a spoon lure like that 45 years ago as a kid. Cut off the handle a half inch from spoon and mounted split ring and hook. Caught lots of northern on it. Still have it too.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That's creative!  :cool:

• Thanks 1

Hey there fish_time ! Very cool video , that sure gives meaning to changing it up . I just hope you can still enjoy a bowl of soup , or eat your morning oatmeal , and hope you were not locked out of your house when you got home . .  At least your wife will know where her diamond ring or earrings went to if she ever discovers them missing some day down the road.. I just had to throw these at you , but all jokes aside , it does show that your creativity catches fish , and who doesn't like catching fish !  I learned along time ago that being creative, when it comes to fishing can pay off big time . .  What you gonna try next ?

• Yayyyy 1

We were walleye fishing on Lac Seul one time and while eating our lunch I tried red licorice and Swiss cheese strips and caught them on both.  

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Our boat guide on Superior once made some lures out of door hinges and reflective tape! But he never used them when we were out. :lol:

Just goes to show you that the Billion spent of fishing lures each year. Catches the eye of more Fisherman then Fish! :whistle:  :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, fish_time said:

Any ideas of what I should try next?:D

That hinge idea sounds like a good one. Get one of those zinc strap hinges that go to a point on each end and put reflective tape on one side.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

That hinge idea sounds like a good one. Get one of those zinc strap hinges that go to a point on each end and put reflective tape on one side.

That is exactly the way it was made. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Back before Euro larvae we used goldenrod grubs. One year I ran out and used small pieces of bacon fat. The sunfish bit almost the same.

50 minutes ago, Hookmaster said:

Back before Euro larvae we used goldenrod grubs. One year I ran out and used small pieces of bacon fat. The sunfish bit almost the same.

So your the guy leaving all those broken up golden rod pods by fishing holes! :lol:

Chicken skin.  Cut it in wax worm size strips or whatever size you want.  Holds well on the hook.

Haven’t tried it in years but it worked just fine and held up to multiple fish.  Just got away from it when I quit fishing panfish through the ice.  Might be a good thing to get back to.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, jlang_04 said:

The wife's diamond earrings should shine well....

good luck there!!!!:lol:

I took a set of my mother's ear- rings and made lures out of them.. Do not remember if i ever caught anything on them. But they were flashy.

• Yayyyy 1