• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Advise

sheldy4

Hello I have been tossing the idea of trying some tourny fishing next ice season. Was wondering if anyone on here does that? Any helpful hints would be great. Thanks in advance

Hey @sheldy4, were you looking to enter a few different tournaments put on by various towns/organizations or were you looking to enter a Tournament Series like the Ultimate Panfish League, NAIFC, MN Made, etc.?

I have fished in the Ultimate Panfish League for the last 4 seasons and I have really enjoyed it. I have learned a ton about Panfishing, how to break down a lake, how to catch bigger fish, etc. thanks to fishing this series. All the series' I listed above are all meant to be 2-person teams. One thing that is worth noting is that although you don't NEED it for the UPL, it would be wise for your team to have access to at least 1 Snowmobile, ATV, Side by Side, etc. for tournament day as Vehicles (your car, truck, etc.) are not allowed. It has been a great experience for me as I said I've learned a ton, had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people through fishing tournaments.

• Thumbs Up 2

@MN BassFisher I'm not sure on which ones. Like I said it's something I would like to do. I'm not to sure where to get the info so any help on that would be great. Atv or snowmobile I can cover with no problem.